Rules, Trains, Jobsworths, Sighing, Kettles, Falling Down...

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Got told off on the train last night for sitting in a baggage area when there weren't any seats.

The reason?

"It's metal"

My reply?

"It's ok, I'm not magnetic."

Ridiculous conversation ensued about safety and rules and rules and rules.

I pointed out that I was 'allowed' to stand in the loo the whole way home and that was a smaller space made of the 'evil' metal and was much more likely to get concussion when the train rushes through iffy points and chucks you about.

"It's the rules"

I point out that with the worst service I can remember in ten years and a fair increase this week of 10%, perhaps her kind might want to keep a low profile for a bit and keep her daft rules to herself. - Defcon 4.

45min que in the PO this morn to find out at the counter they don't have the envelopes my bank said they do - Defcon 3

The Kettle has just broken making an essential cup of tea but a mirage in an office desert. - Defcon 2.

The day is only 1hr old, at what point will I reach Defcon 1? I do hope I can get back to a safe and stable Defcon 5 some time soon.

:roll:

It's now two hours into the working day.......try and refrain from taking a baseball bat to the local corner shop shelves, I will paypal you the price of a phone call if they won't break a tenner........ ;)

:LOL:

As it happens, since last update, I have trodden on a rogue earring in the swimming pool and stabbed my toe. And then walked into a metal sign that had bent off the door in the changing rooms and given myself a headache.

Wu-Tangled":1wb5d6a0 said:

As it happens, since last update, I have trodden on a rogue earring in the swimming pool and stabbed my toe. And then walked into a metal sign that had bent off the door in the changing rooms and given myself a headache.

ha! you didn't find/run into them...they found you!...magnetism, i tells ya

Wu-Tangled":c3wrd8iv said:

That evil metal came to bite you in the end :LOL:

I didn't know the post office were meant to have Co-Op bank payment envelops ?
phone the bank and they will send a load of them.

So you think you're having a bad day....

So far i have had

1) district nurse interupt one of my calls to fit a catheter ( not to me!!), thus making me late for other calls :(

2) A service user who cannot clean themselves, but have NO toilet roll, or wet wipes available, :shock: :(

3) a phone call from a prospective employer, telling me that the application i filled out at a local branch in OCTOBER, has just reached them for processing :x :shock: :(

4) My orders from CRC and Wiggle haven't yet been despatched :? :x :shock: :(

5) the milk is off :evil:

Still could be worse, could have NO Retrobike ;)

Back