RRR - Retro rodents revenge!

The best haul i had was 5 mice in one night...accidentally by leaving a bucket of water on the floor that had had wall paper paste in! They all climbed in, i assume as the paste water smelt good, then couldn't climb out....

Ive also seen peanut buttered rollers over a bucket of water too....

Lil' buggers gnawed through the handle of an axe during one particularly cold winter here. Heard them trying to gnaw through the outside wall of our house the other night to get in during a heavy rainstorm.

Sorry to hear about all your losses :/, On the topic of rodents, I woke up Thursday morning to find the insole of my timberland shoes were removed I thought nothing as the cat must of been playing with them over night as she's hare arsing it around the house early hours in the morning! So any how, I slid it back in and slung them in the footwell of the car as I was wearing my running trainers on the way to the gym. After a nice work out I was off to meet some friends and so showered at the gym and changed my shoes in the car much to my surprise for hours and hours there had been a field mouse in my timberland shoes I carefully took him/her out and the little bugger jumped out of my hand and run up the pedals and into the dash board of my new 2023 Kia Niro 3 EV

So there I am 3pm until 3am trying to get this mouse Finally got him and released him unharmed :p

I often bring one of my ferrets into the garage with me when working on the bikes. The ferret has a whale of a time exploring, and will mop up any rodents. At the very least the garage smells of ferret which helps deter rodents.

I also put down preventive traps in the loft baited with kitkat stuck with peanut butter. I live in an old terrace so they tend to run along the roof gutters between houses.

Last edited:
Last year we stored the liner of a large above ground pool folded and rolled up in the tool shed. Little buggers had a chew at a couple of places. As it was folded and rolled up - a bit like when you cut out folder paper for snowflakes as a kid - the whole pool had tiny holes across most of it. Ruined!

I love wildlife so not too bothered. The garage doors are knackered so rats and mice can come and go. We’ve had hedgehogs in there too and plenty of cheeky foxes and neighbours cats... were moving very soon so will be embracing wildlife from elsewhere!
Same, I wouldn't bemoan mice or rats for chewing up my stuff as they were likely here first or at least encouraged by our heat and food. Best garage find we've had here is a slightly annoyed toad though, but we're also moving shortly (the only neighbour we'll miss likely being a feral Tabby who's been fattening up at our bowls occasionally!) & being closer to Greater Manchester I'd expect to see more of urban foxes and rats. Not to mention hundreds of feral Parakeets!

Back