RRR - Retro rodents revenge!

27motorhead

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
The other week some little critter nibbled through the leather toe straps of my Chas-Peugeot-Roberts...
IMG_5217.jpg

And then today my wife discovered her nylon toe straps on her late 90s Rockhopper had also been nibbled...
e612da03-987e-4088-ab07-ba36b45d616f.jpg

When we were teens my dad had all our Star Wars collection stored out in the roof of our garage for several years. The only rodent damage that occurred was on Jabba the Hutt's face where it has been eaten away by mice...

What rodent/animal damage has occurred in your garage to your retro bits?!* 😜 🤣

This is why it's good to have cats around the place! Having said that the cats themselves have caused damage, although not to retro bike stuff AFAIK but to vintage electronics up which they have pissed... I will say though, cleaning off a syrup of congealed cat urine & hair is less of a pain than rewiring a TV or radiogram!

Agreed, time to invest in countermeasures. I had a customer who brought in his new Guards Red 997 Turbo and I found that rodents had been nesting in his airboxes, and then the really bad news was they had nibbled his wiring harness. You don't want to know how much that cost to put right.

You wont be able to catch all the mice, they will just keep coming back. What I found that works is cotton pads around the place with some Olbas Oil soaked in them, they stay away from that stuff.

I recommend befriending the mice by laying in the shed, nude, covered in American spray cheese. I have had zero mice incidents on retro tat since I started this routine and I finally get that intimate touch I've been craving for years. A win win really.

I recommend befriending the mice by laying in the shed, nude, covered in American spray cheese. I have had zero mice incidents on retro tat since I started this routine and I finally get that intimate touch I've been craving for years. A win win really.
If only there was room in our garage to lie down!!! Too many bikes, tools and machinery!

I love wildlife so not too bothered. The garage doors are knackered so rats and mice can come and go. We’ve had hedgehogs in there too and plenty of cheeky foxes and neighbours cats... were moving very soon so will be embracing wildlife from elsewhere!

I live in a city next to a canal, during the "lockdown" all "restaurants" were closed and there was no food for the rats. I cut the grass one Sunday around 3:30pm, put away the mower and thought I would have a wee snooze for an hour, then wake up and cook dinner. I left my door open to the garden and awoke with a Rat's Jaw clenched into my wrist, it must have been hungry and I must have startled it, you do not want a Rat to Jaw Lock you. Was like a Python that's all am saying, took me a while with my left hand to get its jaws off, few hospital visits - Keep them away trust me.
I always wanted to give back to nature that's why I put peanut butter on my nethers and wait by the ditch next to the local field

Back