Ron Kitching 80s racing shoes, size 45, unused

lupton

Retro Newbie
These shoes are imitation leather with large areas of webbing. Soles are hard plastic. They have the badge of the importer, Ron Kitching, and the colours of the Italian flag.

Shoes1.jpg

May be unsuitable for riding without shoe-plates due to the rigid smooth soles which could slip easily. I am selling with TA shoe-plates which have the correct curvature for the sole. It is likely to take a little time to set them up. Full explanation on request. I have no doubt there are other shoe-plates which can be fixed and adjusted more easily, but I don't know anything about them.

Shoes were tried on and taken for a 1 mile test ride with a little walking. The tongue has come away a little at one point. See photo. This can easily be stitched if it matters.

Shoes2.jpg

Shoes3.jpg

Shoes4.jpg

Shoes5.jpg

Shoes6.jpg

Size 45 which is about 11 British. If set up properly they should be very effective, and look the part with a 1980s or 90s racing bike.

Asking for £23 inc. postage. Weight of the pair is about 550g by kitchen scales. Plates weigh about 20g. North Lancs/South Cumbria if you would like to view or collect.

interested pending more pics please! are they "normal" size, or do they fit "small" or "large", if you understand what I mean?

Just tried them on wearing sports socks. I usually wear a 46 and they are definitely not too short for me, so perhaps on the large size lengthwise. They are on the narrow side but not uncomfortable with it since at the widest point it is just webbing on both sides. Not sure how they would feel after 100 miles though.... come to think of it maybe they are standard 45s with a bit of dead space at the front, which would also make them wider where it matters. I guess that they are from one of the big Italian firms. If anyone reading this knows anything about their provenance it would be interesting to hear.

Bumping this up in case anyone potentially interested missed it first time round. Reducing price to 18 GBP inc. postage. Obviously with shoes it is best to try them: I am happy to allow a return if you cover my postage.

Thanks for the info and measurements, from what you say they're not going to fit me so I'll pass. Nice set of shoes at a nice price for someone though!

Re:

Hi. Yes, they are still available. I can repost or send you pictures if you are interested.

Re:

Lovely, yes, pictures would be good if possible please. I’m a narrow size 10, so as long as they’ll fit that then they sound grand. Any idea when they were made?

Back