Romax Rescue...

Nice, I use to follow Paul channel.

Sice the 90´s I use to close all the holes and if it is steal, take out the seat post for storage and avoid moisture inside the tubes ... I Idon´t live in UK so rust is not a Issue in modern but in old.

Reactions: enc
When people ask what's so special about late 80s - mid 90s mtb just tell them watch Paul Brodie. And he's just one of many visionaries who emerged from that era. Who are the Paul Brodie's, Tom Ritcheys and Chas Roberts' etc of today? And what exactly are they inventing? The truth is todays MTB designers and builders are standing on the shoulders of giants and the best they can ever hope to achieve is to refine and improve what already exists.

Don't get me wrong a top tier bike is a top tier bike no matter when it was made, but how can anything churned out by Global Bike™ hope to possess the soul that Paul Brodies and many others from the golden age do?

How many riders on this years competition circuit will be winning races on bikes built in a small workshop by self taught masters using tools they had to invent themselves? That's what is so special about the era we all come here to enjoy and appreciate, what sets it apart.

Will his knowledge pass with him or has he apprenticed anyone?
He used to teach a frame building school through a local university, it ended and he retired with the pandemic, but he spread his knowledge through there, and continues to do so through his YouTube channel full of instructional videos! His book is well worth a read for a great telling of his history in the industry and beyond…

Back