Rollers or turbo trainer?

No you just run on slicks. I have an extra set of wheels for one of my mtbs. With city jets.

The History Man":26pw9p1v said:
No you just run on slicks. I have an extra set of wheels for one of my mtbs. With city jets.

have a second set of wheels. but fancy a second bike :oops:

Re:

If you could stretch to more or find someone with a voucher then the new breed of smart trainers are head and shoulders above the none interactive stuff. Halfords were doing them sub £200 and with a BC membership extra discount.

Open up a world of interactive training, Zwift, programmable workouts etc. I've been downloading some of the famous climbs on the Tacx website and riding them in a virtual world with google maps, it's loads more fun than sat in the garage making a humming sound.

Re: Re:

Sketchyxup":5kl55zdx said:
If you could stretch to more or find someone with a voucher then the new breed of smart trainers are head and shoulders above the none interactive stuff. Halfords were doing them sub £200 and with a BC membership extra discount.

Open up a world of interactive training, Zwift, programmable workouts etc. I've been downloading some of the famous climbs on the Tacx website and riding them in a virtual world with google maps, it's loads more fun than sat in the garage making a humming sound.

That's far to tech for me. Hate all this computer stuff. I'd be happy to go back in time and kill the inventors of computers and the www. Due to all that crap my working life is hell with all the computer software I have try and work with. The excuse is always the same from the help desk. It's due to all the changes the government wants made to it. Any way that's a change of subject. Happy to sit on rollers focus on the speedometer and that the pain will be worth it.

I admire anyone who can tolerate them. I sold mine after I realised I preferred riding in the rain and the dark to a static trainer.

Back