Rocky Mutton

jonnymcenroe

Beating Jimmy Connors
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
No way

Tragic switcheroo tale there...

I'm looking at a '94 hammer here, which has the same square brake mounts, no idea about that square canti hanger thingy...

Edit (Looks like the 95 blizzard does indeed have the square profile canti bridge)

Is this a blizzard with the seat tube chopped?

Why does this frame have rack mounts? (The 1996 does indeed have rackmounts however it has the rounded canti bridge and the extended seat tube)

I'd be so upset to buy this and discover it isn't as listed and equally as upset if my insurance company gave me a lower end frame with false decals as a replacement.

Is it a zaskar?

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've just messaged him, I hadn't noticed it earlier* as I was busy and it wasn't my size.
It is not a Blizzard, as the frame design is wrong.

*this is much earlier as he rides with us, well I say ride, we never actually ride anymore, lol.

I say it was a 1993 Hammer, because it has on the top of the top tube cables, rather then under the top tube routed cables.
I don't have any serial numbers for Hammers though.

Last edited:
It could be the 1993 Equipe, but I don't know much about them as there are few pictures with info.
Different tubing...
But identical style.

This frame has the BB code in a different place to the other Hammer 1993 I have a serial and picture for. Also it either magically has half, the start of the serial, hidden under paint.

And the canti stay hanger is a different style to both...

I've just messaged him, I hadn't noticed it earlier* as I was busy and it wasn't my size.
It is not a Blizzard, as the frame design is wrong.

*this is much earlier as he rides with us, well I say ride, we never actually ride anymore, lol.

I say it was a 1993 Hammer, because it has on the top of the top tube cables, rather then under the top tube routed cables.
I don't have any serial numbers for Hammers though.
Interesting.

It does look like a hammer, cardiac or fusion.

If you can get in touch, I've got a few more hammers here with serials.

I'm again wondering who supplied the fake blizzard to him, how it happened and why.

Is this something any legit shop distributer or manufacturer would do?

I had a Vertex which is looks a little like I think (from memory)

Looks like an RMB DBBB seatube, found on the '93 équipe.
(Edit* it doesn't after looking at the images, it looks like the regular flattened ovalised seatube) Headtube decal is '94.

Which year was your vertex? I think mk one has one of those

Last edited:
Hi guys
I’m the mug who was ripped off by the then RM disti for the uk at the time.
TBH I’m not sure who it was but I did use a well regarded hull cycle shop to get the bike sorted. I’ve no doubt they had no idea the frame was not a blizzard

I did build it and it never felt right therefore got left in the garage from then on I had Pace bikes.

I do have quite a bit of retro stuff I’m getting rid of as I dont have the time mess with it anymore and it would be better off with someone who can appreciate it.

Feel free to message me
I’m also quite happy to close the eBay sale and sell direct on here

@FluffyChicken did want some of the gear.

Back