Rocky Mountain Experience

Re:

Very true! I was a bit surprised though that I was the only bidder.. Probably because it was advertized as a 30.6 while your great eye spotted it as a 30.4. Well, it fits perfectly so I'm happy with it. :)

I was so tempted to bid on that seat post, but backed out at the last moment...argh. But I'm glad you got it!
I agree, it would look great with the red/black decals like on the 91, along with the Syncros parts. I hope you manage to find a Syncros fork for it too.
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

shutter":2y96c3j7 said:
What's the plan for the fork? any updates on the syncros steer replacement?

Still looking for a Powerlite. Possibly consider to swap a 1" I have here spare for a 1.1/8" threaded with the right length. I know they are out there ;)

Blizz":26qc4n5q said:
I was so tempted to bid on that seat post, but backed out at the last moment...argh. But I'm glad you got it!
I agree, it would look great with the red/black decals like on the 91, along with the Syncros parts. I hope you manage to find a Syncros fork for it too.
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Thanks! Any of course I keep an eye on your progress! Happy we didn't end up in a bidding war on this post.

troje":sbb4yw4r said:
shutter":sbb4yw4r said:
What's the plan for the fork? any updates on the syncros steer replacement?

Still looking for a Powerlite. Possibly consider to swap a 1" I have here spare for a 1.1/8" threaded with the right length. I know they are out there ;)

They are... just a tough find... I just sold both of my shorter steer powerlite forks... I'm on the hunt for one with a longer steer as well... :D

Re:

Just to mention it to clear my conscience, I'll mention that BITD I had one of those posts explode on me whilst riding, thankfully not at full tilt. But suddenly dropping yer arse into the rear tire/seat stays, wearing Lycra shorts isn't pleasant on the beans and frank! :shock: Returned the post to the shop and they had new top plates on hand with brass pivots as it was the stress of the bolt angle that was causing failures. So I obviously wasn't the first ;)
Set up was a 17" Kona Hot with an original Flite. Just hate to see you get it good in a bad place like I did! :LOL:

side note... if anyone is looking for an experience my frame is up for grabs... send a pm for details... build thread in my signature

shutter":14qdl5tc said:
side note... if anyone is looking for an experience my frame is up for grabs... send a pm for details... build thread in my signature
nice thread hijack… :roll:

Back