Rocky Mountain Blizzard 93

could have this one ready to have a test ride next week!!

i'm actually looking forward to it as i think it will ride well

nporternz":kk272lgt said:
Anthony":kk272lgt said:
It's a really good find, but that's quite a big frame you've got there isn't it? Looks like a size 20, which is a bit bigger than your other bikes I've seen.
its an 18.5 according to the rocky catalogue. My other bikes do tend to be a bit smaller (as long as they have a decent top tube seat tube doesnt bother me) I'm 6ft 1 so I can fit anything from a 17 to a 20 but I prefer them smaller cos of me back!!
If that's an 18.5, maybe RM used to measure their frames differently than I thought. I'd be interested to know the c-c top tube length and the head tube length Nick - the head tube is certainly way longer than my 18.5 1993 Equipe (below, in female-friendly style).

Bigger bikes can be good for backs IMO, because the longer head tube gives a more comfortable posture and you can always bring the length back with a shorter stem.

Attachments

• 1993 RM Equipe size 18.5.jpg
    1993 RM Equipe size 18.5.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,737
no worries anthony - i will measure tomorrow

i am probably wrong!! i can never really be bothered about the exact size as long as its comfy!! i have everything from 14.5 to 20"

nporternz":758nnz73 said:
certainly is tape!! - with a layer of old inner tube underneath! cheapset and easiest to replace chainstay protector!!

use on most bikes
dude, your bikes deserver BETTER! :LOL:

Anthony":758nnz73 said:
If that's an 18.5, maybe RM used to measure their frames differently than I thought. I'd be interested to know the c-c top tube length and the head tube length Nick - the head tube is certainly way longer than my 18.5 1993 Equipe (below, in female-friendly style).

Bigger bikes can be good for backs IMO, because the longer head tube gives a more comfortable posture and you can always bring the length back with a shorter stem.
centre of BB to top of seat tube. both my '92 Cirrus and Blizzard are 17" but there's a world of difference in actual stand over height. and both have way more stand over height than my modern ETSX-70 which is a 16.5".

bloody hell, first i wanted to repaint my blizzard black, then i changed my mind after seeing all the proper white blizzards. and now seeing that black equipe, i'm back on the fence on which i'd prefer more! :p

RockiMtn":2jk2orro said:
nporternz":2jk2orro said:
certainly is tape!! - with a layer of old inner tube underneath! cheapset and easiest to replace chainstay protector!!

use on most bikes
dude, your bikes deserver BETTER! :LOL:

Anthony":2jk2orro said:

centre of BB to top of seat tube. both my '92 Cirrus and Blizzard are 17" but there's a world of difference in actual stand over height. and both have way more stand over height than my modern ETSX-70 which is a 16.5".

bloody hell, first i wanted to repaint my blizzard black, then i changed my mind after seeing all the proper white blizzards. and now seeing that black equipe, i'm back on the fence on which i'd prefer more! :p

The tape actually looks okay and works well - i've always used i!!

I think you should go for the black bike!!

i had one of those, one of the best handling bikes i ever had, or so i thouhgt, great bike, how much do they sell for these days..

RockiMtn":12cg6is6 said:
The Equipe is metallic green actually - quite a dark 'rich olive' though! Sadly, the original owner didn't like the arty yellow decals, so that's why it has an unsuitable The Edge DT decal instead and no TT decal, all that the dealer could offer him.

nporternz":3a2j1pm3 said:
anthony,

seat tube ctc 17.5
seat tube ctt 20.0
top tube ctc 22.0

That's a 20.0" frame similar to my '91 Altitude though since yours is 1993 it has slight adjustment for suspension and of course the lowered seatstays and inch extra (I think) drop in the top tube.

the effective top tube length (horizontal) should measure 23 1/4"

don't let the 22" you measure fool you ;)

Back