Wanted Rockshox Mag21 Fork Pump

ExpertBlay

Gold Trader
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Wanted Rockshox Mag21 Fork Pump, just recently purchased a cannondale M300 that has Mag21s, thought i would be able to screw a football pump bit onto a standard shock pump but it does not work.

Attached a pic below of what i am after:

Cheers
1670498983210.png

Not mine but quite expensive as it is nos

Saw that one, i dont really want to spend that much on it. They will only be pumped up once then left.....was hoping someone would have an old one in shed/garage.

Is there anything really different about this than an attachment? I think I saw one for sale.
I thought it would just be the case of screwing one of these onto a shock pump but it has not worked, the gauge will not work properly either.
1670500360480.png

I've been through this recently, has your football needle got a hole in the side near the tip? If so cut it off just below the hole, also if you had to use a presta/schraeder adapter between the needle and the shock pump, this was where air was escaping on mine, then put an O-ring between them to make it airtight, I used a band of old tube, wrapped round. After I'd done this it worked fine. _20221208_115228.JPG

All you need is the needle, even a hole at the side should work.

On a MAG21 the needle goes through the 'valve' and the end tends to locate into small recess in the top of the adjuster rod, this keeps it steady.
a hole at the side if poor quality can tear the valve.

Otherwise, it is your pump with a problem, what are you using?
...or you forks are leaking the air through the 'valve' (just a bit of rubbery plastic material)
(or your needle and it is damaged, the needle part does sometimes come loose from the thread part or the seal for the adaptor itself isn't made, some lack an o-ring here or there in the pump head.)

But
I've used this style of bump (and still do) but with a dial that reads to ~60PSI, most come with high pressure dials.
You only need accurate ~40PSI reading.

I have many of the syringe pumps, but they all fail eventually.
Only the 'black' rigid one last a long time, and is much easier to use.

Apologies if you've tried this already - but if you get a pump bit/ kit with an adaptor tube then you should be able to fit it to a modern shock pump. It's what I did for my 1993 Specialized Future Shock forks.

1670525347680.png

1670789084236.png

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back