Rockhopper 93 Stem/Handlebars

Mertyn

Retro Newbie
Hi guys,

Bought this bike off of nathanman here a couple of weeks ago, really nice guy and lovely bike!

One thing I did notice when I took it over Swinley Forest last weekend was that I am a bit stretched out on it and the handlebars are a lot more narrow than i'm used to. It was like being on a racer, great in a straight line on the flat!

So to that end i'm interested in replacing the bars and stem, possibly riser bars but i'm not sure, does anyone have any advice for me as i'm a novice in this area!

What should I be looking for? are risers the way to go or just wider flat bars? I'm not sure how long the stem is, and what replacement stem would work with it, in keeping with the retro looks hopefully! :)

Bike measurements:
Top tube (it's horizontal) centre - centre ... 23 1/4"
Seat tube centre BB - centre top tube ... 19"
Seat tube centre BB - top seat tube ... 20 1/4"

Cheers,
Martin

Try a shorter stem with a bit more rise in it to start before you go to risers, it made all the difference on my Muddyfox and I will shortly be changing the one of the CB as well.

Carl.

The thing is I'm planning on changing the bar anyway, its way to narrow for my liking, so maybe its be easier(and cheaper) to get a riser mtb bar - two birds with one stone n all that!

So if you are going with risers and are staying with a quill stem, make sure you get one with a removable face plate, otherwise it makes getting the bars bars into the stem difficult/impossible.

The other option you have is to get a quill to ahead converter, and go with an ahead stem.

Latest posts

Back