Roberts White Spider, FINISHED and first ride ! !

Re:

Just a small update for you folks.

I got the headset spacer in, adjusted the headset and fitted/adjusted the brakes. After a bit of red faced times, the Ritchey seatpost went in, too. I think it goes well with the stem. Also put the rearmech on. The front needs a bit of polish. May freshen up the rear too.

IMG_0934 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Also got the thumbies on, as well as a nice pair of WCS foam grips.

IMG_0935 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_0936 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

I also finished polishing the cranks. Not a bad afternoon's work , all in all.

IMG_0937 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Getting there, bit by bit :cool:

Mike

Re:

I always like to have some Ritchey components on my bikes, the seat and seatpost suit the build well.

Don't make it too shiny, or you won't want to get it grubby again.

Re:

Hopefully the Pace rings will soften things up for you Clive! ;)

Once I've cleaned them. Didn't get chance today.

Love my Ritchey Neil, as you know

Mike

Re:

Started cabling the bike up now, but the routing is making my teeth itch!
The cable stops on the top tube are offset, with the one on the left - looking from above - in the centre of the tube, and the others going off to the right.

This means that the gear cables are having to not go around the headtube as per normal, but back on themselves. If you see what I mean.

I polished the mechs up yesterday and fitted those tonight. Bit too dark for photos though, sorry :oops:

Mike

Re: Roberts White Spider, update, 10th March

Its looking really nice, are you going with black chainrings or silver? and what did you use to polish those cranks, apart from hard work, :cool: shiny :cool:

Mark

Re:

Hi Mark,

I'm using silver Pace rings, they're now on and I finished the bike before work this morning! Unfortunately, I didn't have time to take photos, before I had to get on my other bike and go.

For the cranks, I used an electric drill, along with polishing mops and Solvol Autosol to finish off. Really pleased with how well they came up.

Mike

Re: Roberts White Spider, update, 10th March

I'm so glad to hear that. I had visions of you sitting in your cab in a car park, hand frantically going back and forth on your lap..............

Looking good. Really liking the build

Re:

I did polish up the mechs in the lorry. Getting paid tinker, awesome!

Thanks for the compliment

Mike

Back