Robert Millar = Philippa York.

Re:

I know it is a difficult subject, so I will not say anything more than who really needs all these letters? Is it not enough to say inclusive or something like that. Adding all these extra letters just serves to confuse matters. This is from a man who is married to a transsexual.

videojetman":35a92o08 said:
It seems to me in this day and age, anything goes literally.
I agree with personal choice, it's what makes us individual.
But I will always stand up for what I feel is right, even if goes against the majority.
And surely in this day and age, healthy mature debate is to be encouraged.
I never meant to offend anyone, just put my point across.
And I still stand by my original comment.

i get your point of view, i'm not trying to stifle debate but my attitude is live and let live, you may think i'm being overly PC or whatever and that's ok but regarding the thread itself, i'd hate for it to turn in to a negative thread, roberts choice to become philipa is none of our business but as a result of roberts accomplishments his choice to become Philipa will get discussed in public.

i'd suggest starting a general thread about gender identity if you guys want to talk about that subject and leave this thread to talk about Roberts cycling accomplishments and Philipas commentating etc.

100% agree. I am delighted to have an actual expert commentating, rather than a professional commentator who has no background in the sport. I think that is where tolerance truly begins; when people are not just there to represent something other than their skill set. That would smack of tokenism, and in this case that is certainly not what is going on.

I am a huge fan of anyone who stands by their ideas, and is strong enough to get on with life whilst representing their choices.

Back