Robert Millar = Philippa York.

Re:

while i don't understand the need to change gender i would support someones choice to do so if they felt they need to/want to, in the same way some one has the right to be gay/straight etc. doesn't hurt me so go ahead do what makes you happy.

but might i just ask that people who post on this thread to be a little supportive or sympathetic and respectful or just not post if you don't like it, i realise Philippa has put this out there for the public and it's gonna get talked about but i'm sure none of us would like to be discussed in depth in this way. so if you're gonna be negative then please move on without commenting.

Re: Re:

jonnyboy666":1ea7dn1i said:
but might i just ask that people who post on this thread to be a little supportive or sympathetic and respectful or just not post if you don't like it, i realise Philippa has put this out there for the public and it's gonna get talked about but i'm sure none of us would like to be discussed in depth in this way. so if you're gonna be negative then please move on without commenting.

Thanks for that.

I am peturbed by not only the negative responses to my original post, but these negative responses lack even a modicum of respect for Philippa's previous life and achievements as Robert Millar - one of the true greats of British cycling.

Rk.

Re:

I think it's great that we're going to be getting a fantastic ex-pro peloton rider giving us commentary and insight into cycling events on ITV4.

Re:

no worries jeff, we all have our views but i didn't want this thread going pear shaped which with the conversational subject could easily happen.

videojetman":1bvf79xu said:
my comment is not negative. it is just opposite to the majority of people posting.
i will leave it there.
jeff.

Second that.

Re:

What is the opposite of negative...if it is neutral (!) then why post on the thread at all ?

Jon.

I'm happy to say what many are thinking. At the moment its trendy to be rainbow. But it will turn against such rubbish in the future. I'm happy to see the thread run and run and no doubt get locked. So strange nobody can have an opposite view on such matters.

It seems to me in this day and age, anything goes literally.
I agree with personal choice, it's what makes us individual.
But I will always stand up for what I feel is right, even if goes against the majority.
And surely in this day and age, healthy mature debate is to be encouraged.
I never meant to offend anyone, just put my point across.
And I still stand by my original comment.

Back