595ce074.jpg

Ultegra 600 Headset:

Otis005.jpg

Dura Ace Hubs:

IMG_4004.jpg

legrandefromage":wm8sxlre said:
road bits on a mtb??

never heard such a thing....

I've been fitting bikes for a long time and there's something really F#$%ED up with the way this bike is set up...

Your seat is putting too much pressure on your junk because you have too much of a drop down to your handlebars. So you angle the seat down. Then you end up with too much pressure on your hands because you're sliding off the seat. So you raise the hoods up. Result? You're always sliding off the seat, your hands are in an un-natural position AND always have pressure from trying to push yourself back. Yikes...

Of course, ignore all of that if you're comfy, happy OR if you have something unusual going on with your body

If I were you, though...

Slide the seat back and level it (you may have to get a new seat if this one isn't comfortable). This will get you to support yourself with your legs a little bit more and take some pressure off your hands. Don't forget to compensate with a shorter stem if you're happy with your reach.

Find a way to get your handlebars up and lower your hoods. If you let your hands dangle from your sides while you're standing up take notice of the angle of your wrist in relation to your arm. Try to imitate that angle with the position of your hoods.

Sorry for putting in my 2 cents' worth. I couldn't help myself. At least I didn't say anything about bastardizing a sweet bike ;)

Back