Road Treasure Trove - Edinburgh Bike Station

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Hello Retrobikers

I volunteer at The Edinburgh Bike Station a charity that does up and sells donated bikes to raise funds for various community initiatives.

Understandably a lot of what is donated by the public is old, retro even. Much of course is BSO junk and gas pipe specials but a surprising amount of quality ends up in the building too.

Consequently I have been tasked because of my super nerd knowledge of bike stuff and my known association with Retrobike to try and sell bike stuff to you guys and gals.

The thing we need to shift most is Bike Frames. The typical customer we have wants a complete bike fully built up but most of our donated bikes wheels and drivetrains etc are kaput or very tired leaving us with more frames than components to build them up with.

We often have road frames from various eras and a fair few are hanging up in the store and the warehouse. I will attempt to collate them and then list them with descriptions and photos over the next week or two. Also componentry is abundant but whether it is quite what you are after is unknown.

If you are looking for stuff message me and I'll have a look when I can. Please do not expect urgency, I will do my best but speed will not be a major factor in your dealings with me :)

I am a volunteer, currently I volunteer 2 hour on a Monday morning and 4 hours on a Wednesday evening. Also while trying to pull this sales idea off I visit when I can. So practical upshot the process will be slow but ongoing as the stock changes.

1/- The Bike Station will not post anything, you must arrange a courier.

2/- We can pack the items to be shipped.

3/- The price for items will be fixed, no negotiation !

4/- Lists will be provided of what I think you might be interested in at intervals.

5/- Photos will be provided when possible.

6/- I Velomaniac aka Stephen Smith are your contact in the Bike Station, do not upset me !

7/- My PayPal account will be used for transactions. If this seems dodgy and you dont want to trade
via me then go elsewhere. I am currently your only link to the Bikestation, they do not trade
goods via internet directly. Ultimately everything is built on Trust and Honour.

Cheers

Re:

Sounds fabulous.

On the flipside, if there are old or even modernish bits you need to complete a build , I am sure I can help from time to time, as indeed I have no doubt other forum members will be able to as well.

Re:

Does that mean Steve Hynd was hiding all the good stuff when we popped in on our every 3 year visit from Oz? :)

I taught that boy everything he knows ..... :) :)

Andy

Re:

Fantastic to see this - I did what you’re doing about a decade ago when I used to live in Edinburgh, and helped them identify and shift their better stuff via eBay. I was a bit too successful, I remember a comment about “well we’re not sure what to do with all this money...”

Back