RM Altitude racer 1993 ( UK ) FINISHED PICS

Re:

Ahoy Captain
just wondering......is the frame that you were trying to sell a few months back? whatever became of it?
Cheers
LF

Re:

Yes the very same.
I was going to put my effort into rebuilding the Blizzard frame but have been advised it's gone ...no heartbead and we have to turn off the machine. So I decided to really push the boat out and do this one justice.
I scored some Mag 21's off Ebay on Sunday that make it all possible.
I have now traced out and measured the unique fork decals on my IS bike so these can grace the forks. Also traced out the Altitude sig off the top tube as Gil didn't have this or the handmade in Canada sticker.

I have a variety of goodies coming in for the build including turbine LP
And Turbine IB chainsets one in Gold and the other needing re anodising to black and gold.

Re: Re:

captaincosmic":4o9zl5w6 said:
I took the opportunity to rub the paint off on the underside of the bb shell and on the drive side discovered the frame number...RMA00257
Is there a another number on there. Mines (rattle can black 19.5" one). ..002547

I gil needs any more pictures I have all the one I took of your bike (US) and I might be able to pop up with mine (18.5" one) with all the decals on it.

RockiMtn made his own for a smaller 17.5" frame I think.

You've got a few too my cranks there.

Re:

Re frame number
I rubbed in either direction and didnt find any more numbers
Thanks re the pics I think its ok
I did wonder about these frames though as the story goes this one was sent over from Canada then finished in team colours by Argos in Bristol ?
Does that mean it started out in bare metal or as a regular off the shelf
Altitude ?
The US bike has the handmade in Canada and no performance paints decal where the UK bike had both .

Re:

Memory serves me right

The decals are later replacement on the UK one as I talked to the original seller when it first came up on ebay. Iirc it was his mates from the UK team originally.
Same time gump was with them.
He said they came as normal frames and then sent of for repainting.
I'll see if I can grab him on facebook if I remember (or find his posts). But no idea who did them.

I thought the originals would have been powdercoated (performance paints) like the retail frames.
Fully coated in the rear colour, then the front painted again.

Re:

Any history would be great the riders name for instance.
I traced the decals off the US bike as these are '93
The down tube decals on the UK bike were 1990 ish.

Re:

So bits and bobs arriving now..
lush Mag 21`s arrived yesterday and a lovely new Hope BB tool.
The decals not on file are now traced and scanned and with our Maestro Gil images below.

Attachments

• Altitude decal 3.JPG
    Altitude decal 3.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 395
  • Altitude decal 1.JPG
    Altitude decal 1.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 395
  • Altitude decal 2.JPG
    Altitude decal 2.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 395
Re: RM Altitude racer 1993 ( UK )

This is looking like such a great project. Reminds me I owe Gil some photos and tracings of my 94', I also need to touch base with Troje to see if he can help me out with the missing decals from the top tube (mine has been stripped).

Cheers, Ted

Re: RM Altitude racer 1993 ( UK )

ted andkilde":4ocd6myb said:
This is looking like such a great project. Reminds me I owe Gil some photos and tracings of my 94', I also need to touch base with Troje to see if he can help me out with the missing decals from the top tube (mine has been stripped).

Cheers, Ted

Let me know what pics you need!

Latest posts

Back