Ritchey

thanks for posting ! the stem is a Salsa for sure , it had a "pepper" decal on it before i took it off , due to peeli'n , great Tom Ritchey autograph ! on your ride !

thekid":20gcd7nb said:
thanks for posting ! the stem is a Salsa for sure , it had a "pepper" decal on it before i took it off , due to peeli'n , great Tom Ritchey autograph ! on your ride !

While it may have had a sticker on it. Someone could have easily stuck it on there along it's long journey to your bike. Stranger things have happened especially when someone is trying to resell an item.

If you look at the diameter of the roller it kind of gives you a clue as it's origin. Look at some older salsa stems and you will see what I'm talking about.
That stem wont take a larger diameter salsa style roller. just as important in determining it's origin the cable stop location also says Fisher

Not a big deal they're both good stems. And your bike looks fine with that stem. But since you asked:
thekid":20gcd7nb said:
not sure what brand or year the stem is with the cable pulley set-up.,anyone know ?
I thought you would want to know the actual manufacturer

edit:
crconsulting":20gcd7nb said:
off a Mt. Tam maybe?
after reading your earlier post where you posted the serial number #313 you'll see it's actually a Mt. Tam. but those were made by Ritchey for Fisher so that wouild also make sense.

Your bike appears to be a Ritchey made 1983 Mt' Tam

thanks for all the info ! the more i look at the stem you posted a pic of, it sure looks like mine ,thanks again for the info :cool:

Latest posts

Back