rigid fork replacement for 1993/4 Gary Fisher MTB?

KatyFox

Retro Newbie
The front Rock Shocks forks on my Gary Fisher Tassajaro (bought early 1994, Cadbury's Creme Egg coloured model) are completely shot and need replacing but I am unsure whether to put new suspension forks back on (lockable ones) or change to rigid forks. Nowadays I don't do any downhill and not much rough riding. I mostly ride off road but on gravel tracks, fields, green lanes etc and I also do bike packing (off road). I am not heavy (9.5 stone) and noticed that my suspension forks weren't ever working too hard anyway but I am used to the softer ride in my arms/shoulders on bumpy/stony ground. My husband has just bought a new gravel bike to replace his 1980s Gary Fisher but I want to keep my beloved Tassajaro going - any advice?

Fair enough, go rigid, will drop some weight too. Do you have the same threaded headset? Will it be a straight/simple swap? Gary Fisher offered rockshox as a 'hop up' thus potentially threadless.
Enough waffle from me, the whole deal is an easy and cheap process. Plenty of forks on ebay. Screenshot_20210727-171651_Drive.jpg

Back