Rigid Fork Advice

julesg007

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,

I'd be very grateful for some advice concering rigid forks.

Going to be building up a Clark Kent F14 Ti frame and will be running rigid forks and would like some advice on the ones you can pick up off eBay. I need them in 420mm axle to crown length.

Has anyone ever used "eXotic" or "trigon" branded carbon forks or "J&L" or "Tacc" branded titanium forks?

Off course Pace RC31's are an option and whilst I'd ideally like to keep the build retro the carbon forks from eBay seem good value for money against what used RC31's make and the titanium ones whilst not cheap they don't seem hideously expensive and going new means the brake posts are intergrated into the legs whereas I'd need to get the brake mounts and align them in the correct place on the legs if I go RC31.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jules

I have the Trigon fork on my Litespeed, great fork, superlight (470g), tracks great, takes out some trail buzz, can't fault them.

I'm waiting for a pair of Trigons. Excellent price for them on the bay. Hope they don't take to long to arrive

My main ride is a F14. It is setup with a 4 inch travel shock. I really like the stiff rear end.

While I've not used the J&L forks, I have bought other titanium items from her (J&L). Not had any sort of problem with anything!

I've had the Exotic forks and thought they were great. I weigh 15 stone and had no problems with them at all. Wish I hadn't flogged them...

Hi all,

Thanks for the info.

Pleased to hear that both makes of carbon forks get good reviews - gives me piece of mind if I go down the modern rather than retro route.

Back