Riese & Müller Packster 70 - 2020

Nice. :cool:

Maybe this is a QC issue? I have no first-hand experience, I digress. However, my wife had these on her then new e-bike and she said the tires acted weird in the rain, so I swapped them out for something non-Marathon. That experience plus those on Youtube and the internet at large has shaped my biased and small-minded opinion on the safety of these tires. :LOL:
I generally avoid Schwalbe tyres on mountainbikes for very similar reasons, also without first-hand experience :)

They seem to work great on commuter bikes -as far as I can tell- and they were cheap.

I generally avoid Schwalbe tyres on mountainbikes for very similar reasons, also without first-hand experience :)

They seem to work great on commuter bikes -as far as I can tell- and they were cheap.
A buddy who I ride XC/DH with has an allergic reaction every time he gets near a Schwalbe. He's been riding pretty heavily for 25 years or so. This is my "Appeal To Authority" logical fallacy plus the small minded bias I mentioned above.

Your quick with your replies today. Did you see my edit in my last post on the previous page?
I didn't see your edit. The lock ring is torqued to spec and thanks for looking out! The cassette is not one-piece, rather three main pieces then the last three small cogs are individual. I am already anticipating having to replace the freehub at some point. The last one on the Deore hub that went bye bye was chewed up pretty good, but even after about 15,000 km of use, I was able to remove the cassette somewhat ok. Maybe DT Swiss uses a different alloy and chews up quicker? At any rate, I consider the freehub a wear item on a heavy, power-assist bike. No worries!

Nice. What are you thoughts on the front suspension?

The girlfriend and I got an E-Bullitt last year to haul around the kids and try to escape most of the chaotic traffic in town.

I'm pretty happy with the bike and the parts it came with (pedals and seat were changed immediately, though).
We opted for a 5s Shimano Nexus Di2 hub, belt drive and the E6100 motor.

The first motor died at about 1.500km. I could not find much info on the web, but the problem might have been a fairly large plastic cog that synchronizes the pedal and motor power onto the shaft that in the ende drives the belt.
Searching for other users problems, what came closest was the 'E8000 duck noise'.

The motor got replaced under warranty and soon started to produce the same noise again. Although it seemed like it tried to adjust itself several times. Until the noise stopped completely and did not return for the last 6-700km.

I like the brakes it came with. TRP Slate E-MTB 4pots. Decent stopping power and easy to change pads.

Belt drive was a good choice as well.

The Nexus hub has been working flawlessly. Although while changing tyres I discovered that the nuts adjusting the cup and cone bearings had come loose.

Initially we thought about getting an R&M Load, as you can order it with a footwell for the kids. But you need to buy a third seat to have that option. Quite unreasonable, imho.
So, now owning a Bullitt without a footwell, I made one myself. With the help of my then 2yo son.

p6pb24209188.jpg

p6pb24209191.jpg

p6pb24209194.jpg

p6pb24209199.jpg

p6pb24209201.jpg

p6pb24209205.jpg

p6pb24209212.jpg

p6pb24209213.jpg

p6pb24209215.jpg

p6pb24209217.jpg

p6pb24209218.jpg

I made a couple mistakes and we gained not a lot of room, but it was good fun!

p.s. The bike developed some quite severe steering wobble, if you exceed 40km/h. Does not happen too often, but it at least feels very dangerous.
So I am checking options on fitting a steering damper in the near future.
I've had speed wobble issues on the Bakfiets too . It was attributed to the dishing on the front wheel which was in turn blamed on the disc brake . With the wheel re-dished the wobble went away ??

Nice. :cool:

Maybe this is a QC issue? I have no first-hand experience, I digress. However, my wife had these on her then new e-bike and she said the tires acted weird in the rain, so I swapped them out for something non-Marathon. That experience plus those on Youtube and the internet at large has shaped my biased and small-minded opinion on the safety of these tires. :LOL:
I don't like them in the wet either . Worn ones got sketchy on dry but very hot Italian tarmac too .

Latest posts

Back