retrobikes day in the peaks ride 4th sep 2016

Re:

Would it be easier for everyone to push this back to the beginning of October? Quite a few locals and others have messaged saying they can't come and I want to please everyone and get as many there as possible.

Your call, should I run a poll?

Chris

Re: Re:

elPedro666":2ezhcp3w said:
Just done a couple of days commuting, if I can becalm the hangover, coffeeshakes and overexcitement, you're toast!

Assuming we can both dodge the underhand tactics of drystonefall of course...

how many hands allowed? I'll be practicing...

Or make it downhill, or no brakes?

Re: Re:

longun":1zf7pey3 said:
Would it be easier for everyone to push this back to the beginning of October? Quite a few locals and others have messaged saying they can't come and I want to please everyone and get as many there as possible.

Your call, should I run a poll?

Chris

I should be fine for an early October date.

Re:

Just to add to the kerfuffle, if we do vote stick to the current date for the Peaks, we've been talking about a weekend camping (probably in the Lakes) 1st/2nd October...

Nothing concrete and obviously will fit around the Peaks Classic :cool: but if it happens to pan out that way, then folks who can't make Sept would be very welcome to join us in the (Lakes) in Oct.

Or by all means do both if you've got the requisite Brownie Points in hand at home! ;)

Hope that gives people options rather than just muddying the waters even further!

Re:

Rite, gonna keep the above date and do another ride next month also :)

Did a slightly different route yeaterday, ill figure out how to upload a route when sprogs finally asleep......

As long as there's food and beer I'm happy , in this modern world we live in I'm sure 2010 is classed as old , it's steel and has 26" wheels after all and is based on a mid 90 's Kona , and I'm practicing for Ben Nevis the following weekend so have to make sure nowt's gonna fall off and bed the brake pads in .!!!

heres the planned route

basically.......

road to castleton. up and over cavedale (some rocky bit to walk, about 100m i rek) bridleways across t'moor and up past no car cafe, unless its taken 2+ hours to get there ;) along rushup to mam tor, down the over route towards edale and lunch, depending on time etc, then its the old route back oop and over from hope cross back to hope.

alternatively........

slightly longer, lunch at fairholme/ladybower and just as hard haha. this will be the alternative ride route if/when we do it :)

Back