RetroBikers in Southern Nevada, USA area?

While I'm no stranger to the "collect and build" bug, I'm often concerned by those with huge hoards, because it limits the ability of lesser financed enthusiasts from joining in the fun. I realize I may sound like I'm throwing stones in your direction, which is not really what I'm trying to do....but with 25 built bikes and 50 other frames and lots of goodies...that's a lot of kit for one person. It's akin to environmentalists denying trails in parks....how are people to share in the appreciation if nobody has access? I once watched a YouTube video of a British gent who had 20-some-odd beautiful Kleins in his "display attic", and he remarked at the end of the video, something to the effect of, "I hope now others can enjoy this collection". How would others enjoy it when they are hermetically ensconced in his attic, and even he doesn't ride them?

I'd suggest keeping a percentage of the collection that are most special and meaningful to you. Let the rest go at market prices, and try to make sure you sell to the people just now getting back into the wonderful nostalgia of 90s MTB, who don't already have a huge collection. Those folks deserve to share in the joy of rekindling the excitement of building and riding their favorite old steed.

Back