Retrobike Spring Meet 07 - The Aftermath

I don't mind lugging a bob-trailer along with kit. It's a mk 1 so it'll be in keeping with the retro theme :)

woah.... hang on a minute - how did it go from a nice two dayer based in my front garden to a bloody pain fest across the whole of the (frankly quite boring) south downs way?

I know those that have done the entire thing in one go in a day or so. NOT FUN. (even if you are just driving the Transit van).

:roll:

;)

Re: Stars of CCTV

mrkawasaki":3ge88gn9 said:
There isn't a sinew in my body that doesn't remind me of yesterday's jaunt... top notch day out (despite losing my Oakleys)!
Neil

Also lost some Oakleys in the Car park, anyone find them?, only bought them off ebay last week :(

Attachments

• 1528_0.jpg
    1528_0.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 3,744
sylvain":3uaws8tb said:
South Downs way over two days? I've never done it.

Did it in 1989, first big mountain bike ride I ever did! We did it from the traditional start near Petersfield (80 miles).

That time we stayed at the Youth Hostel that is (was)? right on the route, conveniently at the half way point.

We also dumped the car at Eastbourne, then went by train to Havant and rode up to the SDW. Don't suppose you can do that these days as they still had guards vans back then and I'm sure there's not enough trains at the right time etc :roll:

Latest posts

Back