Retrobike photos on Facebook

firedfromthecircus":36lnuscr said:
..... it is the case that posting a photo passes all rights and ownership onto Retrobike.

Does that mean I would not have the right to use my own photos elsewhere, after posting them on Retrobike? Surely not? After all, I have the 'negative', albeit digital.

I guess Retrobike don't have any rights to images linked externally from Flickr etc.?

Bruce

twosheds":3a9ikhke said:
firedfromthecircus":3a9ikhke said:
..... it is the case that posting a photo passes all rights and ownership onto Retrobike.

Does that mean I would not have the right to use my own photos elsewhere, after posting them on Retrobike? Surely not? After all, I have the 'negative', albeit digital.

I guess Retrobike don't have any rights to images linked externally from Flickr etc.?

Bruce

Well in theory, if the copyright has passed to Retrobike then yes, they could stop you using it elsewhere. In reality that's never going to happen for many reasons.

As for the photos hosted elsewhere, I don't know. Is posting a thread with a hosted photo classed as creating content?

Perhaps John will comment when he returns.

Hello, sorry for the slow response on this one.

I'll assume the issue is related to the sharing of an image of one of your bicycles on social media? I generally create most of the social media content and as such will be sure not to share any images you post on the forum here on in.

This is not something which anyone has had an issue with in the past.

With regard to the t&c that's a general catch all and cover all type condition, clearly you can do as you please with your own images. Will have to update the forum sign up conditions to point to the other t&c.

John":26p37p7e said:
Hello, sorry for the slow response on this one.

I'll assume the issue is related to the sharing of an image of one of your bicycles on social media? I generally create most of the social media content and as such will be sure not to share any images you post on the forum here on in.

This is not something which anyone has had an issue with in the past.

With regard to the t&c that's a general catch all and cover all type condition, clearly you can do as you please with your own images. Will have to update the forum sign up conditions to point to the other t&c.

Thanks for posting John.
There has not been an issue with one of my bikes. I just wanted to clarify what the position is. Somehow the clause on copyright quoted above had escaped my notice.
I think a highlight to the T+Cs would be a good idea.

Back