Retrobike Rules, Guidance and Conditions
Please take time to read the rules & guidance prior to using the forum and website. These rules, guidance and conditions have been put in place for the benefit of all forum users. The generally accepted and established tone on the forum and website is polite, friendly and good humoured - please respect this. At all times discretion and self moderation is to be encouraged. Please be aware that what you might say down to your mates in the pub isn't necessarily acceptable on a globally visible internet forum about old bikes.
General rules & guidance
Users of these forums
- Must not post libellous, insulting, antagonistic, racist, aggressive or otherwise abusive remarks about any individual or company either within forum posts or the PM (Private Message) system.
- Must not post any images, text or avatars which are pornographic or violent or otherwise inappropriate for the viewing by younger and older people alike. Please see our adult material policy.
- Must not post promotional information about any illegal activities.
- Must not post any spam. People posting spam will be instantly and permanently banned and their posts will be deleted.
- Must not create their new threads in more than one forum. (Doing so is called cross-posting). You should pick the single most appropriate forum for your message. Duplicate posts will be deleted.
- Must not include commercial information, links or advertising in their signature or posts. All commercial content must be pre-approved by the site owner, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must comply with our signature rules. Please see our signature guidance and rules.
- Must not register more than once. Doing so may get one or both registrations and all the posts deleted. Please see our multiple account policy.
- Must not re-register once banned. A ban from Retrobike means you are no longer welcome to use our website. Re-registering will lead to a permanent ban of the new account and a complaint to your ISP.
- Must comply with our classifieds terms and conditions. Please see classified rules and conditions.
Adult material policy
- Keep threads in the main forum clean. Anything of an overtly adult / sexual / pornographic / violent nature will be deleted from now on.
- No adult / sexual / pornographic / violent avatars.
- If you want to post something of a more adult nature use the 'eye candy' thread. From now on this is the only thread where the mods and admin will tolerate such posting. Nothing of a pornographic nature to be posted here.
Multiple account policy
- Do not register multiple accounts.
- Users who register multiple accounts will have one account locked permanently. The main account will receive either a permanent or temporary ban at the moderators discretion.
Signature guidance and rules
- 6 lines text max. Consider using a small font.
- Max picture size 600x100
- No commercial advertising unless pre-approved by the site owner, contact email@example.com.
To add bikes (or anything else) to signature
- Click Profile
- In the signature box list the bikes
- Here is my 'list' as an example.
[size=8][color=red]MTB[/color] :: [url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=95454]Raleigh[/url] - GT - Cannondale - [url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318555]Specialized[/url] - [url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86646]Litespeed[/url] - [url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26764]Fat Chance[/url] - [url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4231]Overbury's[/url] - [url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26765]Klein[/url] - [url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=170991]Mountain Goat[/url] - Fat Chance - Bontrager - [url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82997]Independent Fabrication[/url] - Trek [color=red]Road[/color] : [url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64974]Eddy Merckx[/url] - Litespeed - Raleigh - [url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67063]Pinarello[/url] - Zieleman - [url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=101580]Concorde[/url] [color=red]BMX[/color] :: Raleigh - Raleigh[/size]
Note users are only able to add a signature when they have five or more posts
By registering with Retrobike you consent that all the content you create on the Retrobike is free of copyright at the point of submission to Retrobike and becomes property of Retrobike Limited upon submission to Retrobike.