Retrobike Peaks Dad’s Army Rideout October 13th and 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved dads army and would love to join in, i am a newbie to this place and with that would feel out of place as i dont know any one.
Plus as its been 10 years since i did any real riding, and that i look more like René Artois from Allo Allo rather than anyone from dads army these days, i will give a miss but when i fitter and beleive me i will be i would love to join in on one of these

don't let it put you off you don't know anyone - I've not met anybody off this forum yet either and I'll be going - plus I'm sure not everybody is a superfit whippet. We're out there for some fun, right?

FUN is what its all about. And meeting/seeing the face behind the screen name/avatar :D The more the merrier so 'come on down' This is my 1st year back on the flite seat . :D

I think we managed about 2 miles in 8 hours at the last meet due to faffing and general chat.. :LOL:

I seriously doubt anyone will struggle to keep up.. I reckon my Mum could cope and she's got a dicky hip !!

computerbitz":3igajgys said:
yeah but i bet it aint 10+ years since you did anything serious though

In the ten yrs i haven't cycled i've been married twice, moved 3 times, cut my family out of my life, nearly got married in Thailand, know a few possible new wife. changed jobs more times than i can count, had two written warnings from work..... would you like me to continue :roll: Oh and i put on a stone in weight. :(

In the ten yrs i haven't cycled i've been married twice, moved 3 times, cut my family out of my life, nearly got married in Thailand, know a few possible new wife. changed jobs more times than i can count, had two written warnings from work..... would you like me to continue :roll: Oh and i put on a stone in weight. :(

i have travelled the country looking for my son, that my ex left with, him spent more time in courts trying to get custody, eventually did, got married, did a dozen dead end jobs, trained to be a lecturer had job during and before teaching when qualified, college let us all go as funding cuts and a few more personal tragedies like but wont go into them.

But i get what you saying is that you like wedding cake i couldnt be bloody ar*ed getting married again if i split up with the ball and chain to much crap involved.

and ontop of that i got four kids and dont want anymore and neither does my wife another woman might want more kids, noooooooooooo

cant do it anymore costs to bloody much, but yeah not in position to do this one but will be keeping my eye out for the next event sounds fun[/quote]

jeesus, have I had an uneventful life compared with you two !!

on the plus side

George Hotel: oldest pub in Hayfield despite what landlord of Bulls Head says. Staunch supporters of Kinder Mountain Rescue Team. Excellent beer (Jennings Cumberland and A.N.Other guest). Food, plenty of it, pitched at cheap and cheerful level. recommended.

that's where I'm staying, yay !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back