Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ 25/02/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Atkin":36gv2yo6 said:
drystonepaul":36gv2yo6 said:
You'll be fine Rob. There isn't much mud at all, as it's mostly well draining slate.

You might get a bit wet if it rains, or if you fall into Coniston Water...

If I fall into Coniston water I will drown as I can't swim. Hopefully that won't be a possibility.... :-D

Don't worry - the cold would get you first! :p

Rob Atkin":s2peigdp said:
drystonepaul":s2peigdp said:
You'll be fine Rob. There isn't much mud at all, as it's mostly well draining slate.

If I fall into Coniston water I will drown as I can't swim. Hopefully that won't be a possibility.... :-D

Or a potentially hillarious opportunity for the pranksters. :LOL:

Dr S":3m3tmagx said:
Rob Atkin":3m3tmagx said:
drystonepaul":3m3tmagx said:

Or a potentially hillarious opportunity for the pranksters. :LOL:

Someone tried to test the theory on me once that everyone can swim if placed in a position where they have no choice to eg being thrown in or falling off a boat etc. I know what it's like to come up for the last time, thankfully someone had the sense to save my life rather than make sure 100% that the theory is complete crap.

So if anyone tries it again expect a strong response from me. I'm not joking now.

It's been raining each night here for weeks :LOL: Hence the lake district.

Got soaked yesterday on a ride, raining again now, it's great though, like Si says.

Hope it's a good turn out.

Rob I didn't learn to swim until I was in my mid twenties, never too late to learn. Check your local pool for lessons or get a mate to give you guidance whilst you teach yourself.

The Ken":3dvlhelr said:
Rob I didn't learn to swim until I was in my mid twenties, never too late to learn. Check your local pool for lessons or get a mate to give you guidance whilst you teach yourself.

No interest in learning to be honest - might do it one day for my wife but the 11years of trying to do it in the shallow end of the pool (16yo with the 8yr olds, so embarrassing) may have put me off for life. Just thinking about learning makes me panic. I'll stay on the land thanks.

Im in and the wife is coming along all of a sudden. she don't believe i go on these meets. There again i suppose she has her own agenda, namely the fact that she has always wanted to wonder round the lakes.

I suppose i will have to go and fluff up the cushions and get some chick flicks in the winnie now.

thanks andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back