RetroBike MTB Series Rd 1: Long Mynd ~ AFTERMATH

Re:

For being the most prolific gate keeper the reward of a Pickled Egg was almost to much to take in.... especially as having had so much fun with the big stick seemed like reward enough :LOL:

Attachments

• bleak.jpg
    bleak.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 234
  • the guys.jpg
    the guys.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 234
  • Lunch.jpg
    Lunch.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 234
  • kiss the egg.jpg
    kiss the egg.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 234
Re:

Aching in places I'd forgotten I'd got.

But top ride and people again, weather wasn't to shabby either.

Re:

A great ride of two halves. First half saw my gary fisher die in a spectacular way. The second half was a mixture of high jinx and merth. As the hire bike was the focus of much unwanted attention. Great ride and a good day out. Thanks Rob for a well organised meet

Re:

Yesterday was a real testament to retrobike camaraderie. At the beginning of the day I had only met one of the group before but by the end of it I had to thank just about everyone for helping to get me out of a tight spot. Big thanks again chaps and chapesses.

Thanks everyone for pitching in with gate opening, direction pointing etc, without which we would probably still be on the hill. Blessed by the weather again it makes all the difference, and the views from the top in all directions were surreal ( or 'mystical' as Steve said, but that's the mushrooms talking ).
I've rambled on before about the Mynd so I wont do it again.
No aches, no pains, and a good nights sleep and I would happily go back today.
I have to mention Steve Worland, who I see from the site has just died. He was part of my early Mountain biking life, writing in the endless magazines that I bought, and relating the excitement of riding off road. His work has stayed with me in the same way that my first descent off the Mynd has.
Thanks all for a great day.

Back