Retro Rocky Mountains?

Blizzards...

I was pretty unlucky with my 1992 Blizzard. There was a problem with the bottom bracket shell which became ovalised to such an extent that it was impossible to get a bottom bracket to stay in it. They loaned me an Altitude frame for a while which I think was a test bike, it was good but I prefered my Blizzard due to the lower top tube. The replacement Blizzard frame had a squint brake boss so the canti hit the stay, and again the bottom bracket shell went wobbly. :x :x :x

The 1993 Blizzard they replaced this with (I had to pay an up-charge) cracked at the seatstay to seat-tube junction (not enough braze on it from the factory). They took it away and got it brazed and resprayed - but I had lost heart and sold it when I got it back. :( :( :(

Beautifull bikes to look at but any form of quality control was lacking from the three I had - which is very funny when you look back at Rocky's advertising from 1992/1993. Rocky Mountain UK were the importers at the time and although they were pleasant to speak to I can't think of anything else nice to say about them. :evil:

I sometimes think it would be cool to get hold of my old Blizzard again (or another one) - but then I remember the hassle... A bit to much hype and not enough trousers :x

weird Messiah, I had an Altitude from then, rode an Equipe and a hammer at times, my team mates had two Altitudes, a Ti Bolt and an Equipe, and they were all super duper with no probs at all.

I always found them to be well made and nicely crafted. And ride veery nicely :D :D

Back