Retro Rocky Mountains?

if you're going for a replacement 1 colour respray I'd recommend car body shops. 85% the quality of places like argos etc, but @ around 1/3 the price ;D

I wouldnt recommend chroming through "sweating" of the steel & inevitable rust problems.

199 something RM Stratos :D

resize_of_imgp3296_829.jpg

Anonymous":32n0lw3b said:
Hi, I've got a Blizzard can anyone identify the vintage? Its in a dark metallic green, Tange Prestige, with silver decals. '95 I think?

Sounds a bit like a 1992 team comp :?: prestige ultimate tubing though :?: depends if its got canti stops :?
Rockymountainteamcomp.jpg

retrobikeguy":1uj80h6w said:
Anonymous":1uj80h6w said:
Hi, I've got a Blizzard can anyone identify the vintage? Its in a dark metallic green, Tange Prestige, with silver decals. '95 I think?

Sounds a bit like a 1992 team comp :?: prestige ultimate tubing though :?: depends if its got canti stops :?
Rockymountainteamcomp.jpg

Yep Tange Ultimate Prestige, with Ritchey stamped BB shell, serial number starts BL... Did have canti brace on seat stays but has been removed as V's made it somewhat redundant - was this very silly? Planning to get a disc mount brazed to it - I want to set up with some modern kit so not have it as a museum piece.

is it all dark green, or burgendy back end?

Also the 91-92 ish equipes were all dark green iirc.

mmm old Altitudes......

Anybody want to sell one? :)

cchris2lou":3r0p1sw8 said:
for me the most beautifull rocky is the blizzard .

Defo, loved that black and white combo.. Had a mate BITD who bought one in 1990.. Syncros forks, stem & post.. :cool:

Oh Bollocks,

Got an Orange and a Dyna Tech and a Bontrager on the way...

...Now I remember how much I like these... May have to get a Rocky too :LOL:

rutteger":1vndb38p said:
Here's one shamelessly ripped of mtb-news

11498suzi1.jpg

RM Suziq apparently! Not a model I was ever aware of :?

I remember that one! RM showed one at Bicycle expo, Ally Pally 1994.

What benefit the extended top tube was I don't know... Was in the catalogue that year too.

sunchaser":3n74rzf3 said:
:eek: Could the mystery Rocky be an Equipe?

For those following this Poirot-esque riddle: having browsed the RM catalogues in the archive, I think it's a Blizzard; the seat stays meet the seat tube at the same point as the TT whereas the Equipe stays reach further up to meet above the tt/ss junction. Also it has Tange Ultimate Prestige tubing vs. Prestige and the serial # starts "BL..." The only mystery is the very dark metallic green paint (almost black)... :?

Back