Retro racing thread

I met Chris Boardman at the TDF when it started in Holland. Had a right long chat to him, a real gentleman, had all the time in the world for me.

And I met Nick Craig when he rode for DB, I think it was in 94 at an event in Leicester, he also had all the time in the world for me. I was stuttering all over the place because he was my ‘hero’ (that was when I was dressed head to toe in DB kit and riding my Apex!).

All downhill

The Pipeline, Newnham 1995, Sports race... scorchio!

Mr K

Attachments

• ProFlex 955 Newnham 1995.jpg
    ProFlex 955 Newnham 1995.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,048
Cool :D I was at Newnham in '92 or '93, went on a mission to photograph as many riders as poss and had my pic taken with Tim Gould and David Baker... also got loads of cool pics of Tomac and others that I wish I had now, unfortunately during the intervening years they've all been lost/thrown out due to a peroid of disinterest in all things bike!!! My friend Neil got the top of his afro in MBUK's pics of that race!!! Wicked days :)

Don't want to be the geeky one here, but that Raleigh rider doesn't look like Barrie Clarke to me. Barrie Clarke was shorter and more muscular.

The rider in your pic is surely Adrian Timmis. The half inflated tubes- roadie style- and roadie position on the bike kind of gives it away...

(I'm refering to the gallery from Plymouth, page 2).

Doddy":330h9p3g said:
Don't want to be the geeky one here, but that Raleigh rider doesn't look like Barrie Clarke to me. Barrie Clarke was shorter and more muscular.

The rider in your pic is surely Adrian Timmis. The half inflated tubes- roadie style- and roadie position on the bike kind of gives it away...

(I'm refering to the gallery from Plymouth, page 2).

I agree ;)

And, sinnett177 now owns that bike........and Adrian joined us at Cannock riding that bike ;)

;)
2008_122810011.jpg

Latest posts

Back