Retro racing pics

I've scanned a few more pics to chuck in the mix.
This was a NEMBA at Catterick of JMC in 92.

Attachments

• scan0011.jpg
    scan0011.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 3,637
This is me (2204)at a NEMBA race at Lyme Park in 92

Attachments

• scan0007 (3).jpg
    scan0007 (3).jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 3,632
great pics dan. keep them up. i thought there would have been a bit more input than this, looks like it was just us racin in the 80's 90's!

Love the picture of Baker & Gould. The good ol days. Couldn't last :(

that first shot of mike is cool, i met him several times through the trade, think he works for paligap now. rode with him a few times in wales on test days in the late 90's. cool guy and an awsome downhiller. :cool:

also, that pic of jmc, imagine how good he would have become as the technology of bikes got better aswel. massive loss to the sport.

the first time i saw mike newton was at a race in swansea, he had just come back from america and he was riding a marin team titanium and had all the gear. we were still on muddy fox's and bikes like that and everyone thought he was a pro mountainbiker. we got talking and he was a really down to earth bloke and not a pro!
still got one of his team carrati tracksuit tops somewere....might put it on ebay!!

Its looking that way Jake i've been in the loft and dug out some more photos to scan i also found some old results from a few NEMBA and BMBF races aswell

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 1,910
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 1,910
  • scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 1,910
  • scan0018.jpg
    scan0018.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 1,909
Yes, they're brilliant dan. its the first time i've seen anyone else's pics of the races i was in.
what happened at the start at the broxa event? looks like people are off their bikes and looks like i am just getting on mine. where was broxa, can't remember much about that one.
can you remember were that pic of andy gordon was taken and is the other gt rider me??? i need to do my old school homework.
i'll post some more tonight. i'm thinking of just uploading them to flickr, how many have you got to do?

Back