Retro racing pics

Re:

:D The best mtb

Attachments

• Jim Rosasco 1990.jpg
    Jim Rosasco 1990.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 565
At Woolastook Provincial Park, 1998 I think (it's got V-brakes in this photo, 8 speed rapidfire, basically the same config I run it today, but for the crankset (LX then, XT shortly after)):

At Mt. Ste. Anne, after pre-running the course prior to race day (Met Tinker on course, Cool!) (Canti's on in this one, 7 speed gripshift)

Still riding the same bike....

J

Re:

durango":cp9nav1d said:
great pic of sam humphrey. the last time i saw him he was on the same team as me caratti/gt.
love to know what he's doing now.

I met a guy called Matt Clarke through work the other day who was supposedly big back in the day and raced for GT/Caratti. He was Barry Clarke nephew.
Anyone know of him as I have googled and nothing ha come up!?

Re: great photos

Its mad, alot of those races i was at, Malverns 92, cheddar challenge 1990, think i came 3rd in sport, i was only 15 at the time, i did keep all my old race results at one time, that have been lost over the years, do you know if there is anywhere online that keeps old race results? My name us peter brawn by the way, i think i recognize you by your orange jersey, but it was along time ago...

Re: great photos

Threefeetpete":2vebil96 said:
but it was along time ago...

Oh, it certainly was............. ;)

But, at times, it only seems like a few weeks ago. It must be me age............... :roll:

Re:

Old Ned":3hkoipaz said:
Going back to '92, here's a shot of some of the Blazing Saddles Team taken for the local paper to publicise our successes(!)

Two forum members in the picture.

No prizes for guessing which and who - but have a go anyway.

We've all aged a bit since then - some more than others!

Simon, Richard, Ned and Bib.

Classic shot

Back