Retro Oakleys: Mint 1st Gen M-Frame & Violet Frogskins

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
First up, an immaculate 1st generation Oakley M-Frame (1991-1996). The vintage frame is in exceptional condition, perhaps one or two very light marks but that's all. The all-important earsocks are also just about immaculate. Fitted with a new (NOS) Black Iridium Sweep lens, which is probably a slightly more recent vintage than the frame, and the replacement lens alone currently retails at £75! The replacement lens box is included (pictured) but I don't have the original sunglasses box. Comes with a modern Oakley microfibre cleaning pouch. Loads more photos if required! NOW REDUCED TO £70 POSTED in the UK (PP gift or pay the fees).

Next up a lovely set of Oakley Frogskins in Crystal Clear frame and Violet Iridium lenses. Was there are better Frogskin colourway than this one? (My avatar says no.) The lenses are in really good condition with tiny light surface marks but no significant scratches. The Crystal Clear frame has some internal fissures (which was always a common issue with the crystal frames) especially on the bottom edge of the left lens but are nice and solid. £50 posted REMOVED FROM SALE .

Also continuing the Oakley purge with a couple of other more modern pairs coming up shortly - Some very nice Flak Jackets and Square Wire 2.0s about to go on sale...

Attachments

• M-Frame1.jpg
    M-Frame1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,974
  • M-Frame2.jpg
    M-Frame2.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,974
Re: Oakley Frogskins Violet Iridium, M-Frame Strike lens (bo

Bump for final price reductions on these...

Re: Retro Oakleys: 1st Gen M-Frame & Violet Iridium Frogskin

Hello,

Will you sell the frame only (on the M Frame)?

Best,

Alexandre

Happy to split the M-frame and lens for the right price, but currently both pairs are still available!

Hey there - will current (or most recent m frame) lenses fit these models? From your add seems to be the case, may be interested if that is the case, would just like to clarify this point? Thanks

I thought that all 3 generations of the standard M-Frame had the same fit but I'm not certain - I don't have a lens which I know is third (current) generation to check, and I don't know if the NOS lens I fitted was second or third generation, sorry.

I do know that the M-Frame 2.0 and M-Frame 3.0 models definitely have a different lens which is not compatible as they fit with a different clip mechanism.

By experience, there is no way unless trying to know which lens fits into which frame. Even some 1st gen lens DO NOT fit in first gen frames. And some 2n gen lensES DO FIT in first gen frames!

Ah!

A

Back