Wanted Oakley sunglasses or glasses (retro or modern)

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
About 10-15 years or so ago and in my early days on this forum I'd always be getting in styles of Oakleys that I hadn't had before and wanted to try - a bit of a casual collection I guess, though there were only a few styles I ended up keeping in the long term (most of them went to almost as quickly as they came!) Nowadays I only have a few pairss that I've kept hold of because they're used regularly - original Flak jacket for MTB, Radar for road, one pair of original Frogskins for everyday summer wear and too many other pairs of old 90s Frogskins to count, sitting in drawer for safe-keeping!

Out of the blue recently I bought a pair of modern Sliver R violet iridium sunglasses that are like a modern Frogskin and I haven't quite warmed to them, but it's given me an appetite to try some more Oakleys, probably more for casual use than on the bike. Right now there's not something particular in mind that I want - even the regular RX glasses as I'd consider reglazing them if I like the frames. Drop me a line if you have something either old or modern that you might want to part with and I'll see if it takes my fancy! :cool:

Got a set of gascans somewhere with two sets of lenses
Thanks, I have had a set of gascans in the past and they were a big on me for casual/everyday wear. Depending on the colour/lenses/price I might be tempted to try them again for MTB use though, you never know!

I have a pair of Matt black scalpels with fire iridium lenses if you might be interested?

Thanks baj. A bit like the Gascans really - I like them, just those really chunky large plastic styles don't really suit me that well unfortunately!

I have a pair of Juliets (blue iridium lense I think) with the infamous bridge issue which I've been meaning to get refurbed prior to sale. If of interest I'd be happy to let them go pre or post repair, for a price appropriate to the condition.

Could be interested in the Juliets I guess, it's another style I've had in the past and I found them a bit heavy for everyday use, I didn't keep mine for that long in the end. But if you PM me with an idea of what you're looking for for them I'll have a think about them!

Could be interested in the Juliets I guess, it's another style I've had in the past and I found them a bit heavy for everyday use, I didn't keep mine for that long in the end. But if you PM me with an idea of what you're looking for for them I'll have a think about them!

Sure thing, will take a few pics and work out a price, should be back to you tomorrow via PM.

Latest posts

Back