Retro Music

I do rather think it all depends what you are playing stuff on and the bits connecting, at some point it all has to go to the speakers, be them on pc, small in ear phones, or proper speakers, but there will be a difference between 3" high pc speakers on your table compared to say 4 foot high "hi fi" speakers. Having had too much spare time previously (albeit 3 or so years ago) I did the comparison and at home still listen to cds rather than plug something else into the hi fi (unless just a random play list which is only occasionally). The audio files on phone/ipod/ipad are lower bit rates (rather than lowest) as difference is not significant in my view given how their listened to when out and about. That said not gone down the dedicated dac route for hifi, but not convinced I'll hear the difference and in my view that's what is all about.

On the video front we have in excess of 400 dvd so got a bluray solution that could upscale, generally better than the tv s. Picture rather depends on quality of the tv as well.

In my view a lot of people get very excited about the technical side of things which are not really relevant in the real world. It's a bit like high performance cars that never see a track.........

I still have my radio on!!! Sony and 25 years old - some black tape holds it together well and sound quality is good although my daughter and her friends cause distortion while the are in the paddling pool!!

Have a great day everyone - the sun is out in Northern Ireland - and that is BIG news!!!!

Richard

Back