Retro MTB hierarchy

Re: Re:

timseren":25xgkd1w said:
Thanks everybody. Had some good laughs and read some keen insights in your posts. Decided to go with a GT. Later - we'll see where this will take :) Cheers everybody :!:

Wanna buy GT Borrego? :LOL:

Re:

Hi there,

Several factors drive early MTB prices.

1. Rarity- As stated, Boutique (specially pre-1982) bike command top prices, try to find/buy one of the first 9 Breezers
2. Brand- some brands would have more followers than others
3. Hierarchy- top models with the best tubing, geometry, and components
4. Cool factor- cool colors, exotic material etc.
5. Sentimental value- Cause that old bike you had and loved once found in good condition, the same color, and in the right size maybe hard to let go, I've been there and it hurts both ways if you lose it or if you overpaid for it. This factor may drive why prices are all over as it can make someone pay a lot for a bike others consider not amazing in any way.

GT is a good choice, some I've found a bit on the heavy size, even if made with Tange Prestige steel. Some early ones were handmade by Toyo in Japan. Actually what bikes are not hand-made?

Best!

GT is a nice choide, I have bought a Timberline some months ago and looks quite good. Not a top bicycle but it is a nice ride.

dirtydog":1qi5tptr said:
timseren":1qi5tptr said:
Thanks everybody. Had some good laughs and read some keen insights in your posts. Decided to go with a GT. Later - we'll see where this will take :) Cheers everybody :!:

Wanna buy GT Borrego? :LOL:

If he buy a Borrego (google it, or translate to spanish) he cannot come with that bicycle to any country that speaks spanish :LOL: :LOL: (It is not only an animal, it is a despective adjetive)

tenor.gif

Wanna buy GT Borrego? :LOL:[/quote]

If he buy a Borrego (google it, or translate to spanish) he cannot come with that bicycle to any country that speaks spanish :LOL: :LOL: (It is not only an animal, it is a despective adjetive)

tenor.gif
[/quote]

So I've gathered! :LOL:

Back