"Retro Inspired" 2018 GT Zaskar

BarneyRubble

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here's one to split opinions! :LOL: I love my retro bikes but got frustrated at sinking loads of cash into beautiful bikes that I was then terrified to ride in case I broke/ruined them. Some will say I should have just ridden them, but I couldn't bring myself to do it after spending so much time gathering the mint parts. So last summer I sold them all and bought a 2018 GT Zaskar carbon 29er off eBay.

I got a bit carried away with the upgrades and ended up spending 3 times what I paid for the bike (and now there's barely anything left of the original spec) but it is light and very fast! 🤦 :D

Anyway, let me know what you think - I know some people will hate the look, but I think it does a good job of being obviously modern, with a nice retro flavour (if I do say so myself).

Frame: 2018 GT Zaskar 29er carbon
Forks: 2019 Rock Shox SID RLC boost
Bars: Hope Carbon
Stem: Thomson Elite
Seatpost: Hope Carbon
Wheels: Hunt Trailwide 29 Boost
Tyres: Maxxis Ardent Amber Wall 2.4
Headset: FSA
Saddle: SDG Bel air 3.0 ti
Brakes: XT M8000
Chainset: XT M8000 (single chainring)
Cassette: XT M8000 11 speed
R derailleur: XT M8000 11 speed
Chain XT M8000 11 speed
Shifter: SLX 11 speed
Grips: DMR Deathgrip

Cheers

Attachments

• Zaskar 1.jpg
    Zaskar 1.jpg
    969 KB · Views: 741
  • Zaskar 2.jpg
    Zaskar 2.jpg
    803.2 KB · Views: 738
Last edited:
That looks pretty amazing tbh.

That is if i imagine the wheels to be 26", would look out of proportion in the flesh though.

mk one":82yieltx said:
That looks pretty amazing tbh.

That is if i imagine the wheels to be 26", would look out of proportion in the flesh though.

In the last photo, if you didn't know it was a 29er, you might think it's a modern 26" wheel bike. Everything is in proportion.

I like it, the bright/flouro yellow decals, tan wall tyres, flat-ish bar, and still recognisable triple triangle frame; nice retro/modern look.

Back