**Retro disk/hub info** Hope '5-bolt pattern' rotors...

legrandefromage":30ihks7t said:
mikesnowdon":30ihks7t said:
mikesnowdon":30ihks7t said:
dyna-ti":30ihks7t said:

Thats the one I ordered! (part CDP1501) It is the one on the right in my pic above. The 160mm that I received (also from wistanleys) was the next one down in the list 'CDP1502'. I noticed there is also another 5 bolt/140mm listed there (9th down 'CDP1497') as Grimela? Maybe that's the one I need.

just noticed the Winstanleys site has a typo. They have Grimela instead of Grimeca.

I wondered what they were on about at first but then I remembered the Grimeca 4-pot disk brakes that came out about the same time as Shimano XT 4-pots (and they looked remarkably similar in shape didn't they). :)

Ive asked winstanleys to send me pics of the Grimeca disks as they should be quite similar to the mono mini disks (ie; low profile).

Oh my god is that the time! off to bed. nite nite!

thats 'cos they are one and the same - I had both, Grimecas in red and XT

Which hubs were you using at the time? Any idea what the hope 5-bolt Gremica/XT rotors looked like?

Can you not use an adaptor to increase the rotor size :? ,as a last resort
The adaptors and a couple of washers could allow you to run a 165 rotor,they are easier to get in the pattern youre after

mikesnowdon":2gk0iaft said:
legrandefromage":2gk0iaft said:
dyna-ti":2gk0iaft said:

Thats the one I ordered! (part CDP1501) It is the one on the right in my pic above. The 160mm that I received (also from wistanleys) was the next one down in the list 'CDP1502'. I noticed there is also another 5 bolt/140mm listed there (9th down 'CDP1497') as Grimela? Maybe that's the one I need.

just noticed the Winstanleys site has a typo. They have Grimela instead of Grimeca.

I wondered what they were on about at first but then I remembered the Grimeca 4-pot disk brakes that came out about the same time as Shimano XT 4-pots (and they looked remarkably similar in shape didn't they). :)

Ive asked winstanleys to send me pics of the Grimeca disks as they should be quite similar to the mono mini disks (ie; low profile).

Oh my god is that the time! off to bed. nite nite!

thats 'cos they are one and the same - I had both, Grimecas in red and XT

Which hubs were you using at the time? Any idea what the hope 5-bolt Gremica/XT rotors looked like?

no help but Chris King and the Shimano Deore Wheelset

airborne_2_366.jpg

airborne_3_213.jpg

Been chatting with Nick @ Hope. Fantastic bloke (he's the guy in the technical films on the Hope site) Apparently a big cake fan!

I've got some part numbers for rotors that suit the Hope 5-bolt pattern (so that's the splined hubs that have the spider that carries the disk, or the big-un hubs). These part numbers are for 160/140mm rotors that suit the mono mini and other similar hope brakes.

For the current saw tooth style rotor: (see pic in first post, its the one on the right)

160mm = HBSP208:160:5
140mm = HBSP208:140:5

For the normal round style mono mini rotor: (as in the style above on the Airboure)

160mm = HBSP154:160:5
140mm = HBSP154:140:5

These part numbers appear to denote the disk shape/style in the first part. Followed by the disk diameter. Followed by the bolt pattern. ie: HBSP208:183:6 would be a standard 6 bolt 183mm saw tooth rotor. Might be useful if your trying to order a particular rotor. Best thing to do is email nick via the hope site though.

Nick has also advised me that the new saw tooth style has better performance than the old round mono rotor giving stronger braking and improved cooling. I'm going to keep the 140mm and order a 160mm to match. I initially preferred the style of the 160mm XC4 rotor but having mounted the 140 onto the spider and hub I actually think it looks pretty cool. Its also a good 25g lighter!!! Will be adding a bit of bling with gold coloured Ti bolts soon which will shave off a few more grams :cool:

Does anyone know if they did these rotors to fit XC4 hope brakes?

Mine are 130mm rear and 150mm, id like to run hope big'un hubs.

anyone seen any 5 bolt rotors advertised in these sizes?

Cheers

doug

Back