Retro brake question

Stop repeating yourself! Dia-Compe AD990. I hope you're ok with a black one, if you want silver I have to dismantle it off the Hwa Fong. How long is the steerer? I may have 1" threaded, but weren't Pioneers quite high at the front?

120mm and a black brake would be good. It's going all black, a sort of stealth commuter / path bike.

DSC01600.jpg

Initial build, I'll change the bars, and put a longer seatpost on. Yes I know the chain's slack, but taking a 1/2 link out makes it too tight.

Arghhh! please dont put trackends on it, its a classic!!!

I am happy to buy it off you if it means saving it :) (what am I saying I have no space)

Oooh, that's a beautiful frame... Straight bars & barends would imho estethically fit better though, but if it's for commuting, do what is right for you...

You can also fit Magura Hydrailic rim brakes, requires a wee bit of fettling but members of this site have done it, think the mounts have to go on upside down or something :?

JeRkY":x7gkjtsc said:
Arghhh! please dont put trackends on it, its a classic!!!

Pete, you will have to get an ENO to avoid offending people! The most age related fork I have has a whopping 200mm steerer, brazed crown & includes big old Dia-Compe Cantis, or how about a Specialized unicrown, 147mm steerer? not sure how far down the threads go, both are still in frames. You riding tomorrow? I can bring the brake along.

My steerer is 130mm. Cab, There's no rush for the brake. Are you going to the cheesy on Monday or FixedBristol ride on Wednesday?

Back