Retro bikes you saw V 2.0

Well, I expected Vancouver to be awash with Rocky Mountains and Toads, but I was sadly disappointed. I didn't see any retrobikes being used out in the countryside or on the trails. I did see a few around the city, but not a huge number.

This Ritchey was probably one of the only notable ones:
DSC_2206.JPG

Although I liked this Miele touring bike I saw too:

DSC_2290.JPG

I did also see a very cool Kuwahara - I think it was a 1985 Kuwahara Apollo - but someone was riding it and I decided I would draw the line at running alongside trying to take a photo.

I did actually find a 1989 Rocky Mountain Blizzard cheap enough that I was tempted to buy it to ride it while I was there, but it was a little smaller than ideal and bringing it back with me would have been too expensive. As for the only bike I actually rode while I was there ... my Airbnb host lent me this:

DSC_2131.JPG

That Breezer is definiely a candidate for the 'where are they now' thread that doesn't exist yet........what a cool ride, wonder if its still around or evaporated!
I keep my eyes open for it whenever I'm in York city centre. I might have (carefully) attached a note to it the first time to ask if they were interested in selling if it wasn't too small for me.

Back