retro bike market

Mike Muz 67":fxdac2z9 said:
retrocarlisle":fxdac2z9 said:
And maybe a spinning studio in the back for the days we are not drinking to much or when someone need to prove who is faster lol

oh yes we would serve beer not just coffee

Of course, beer! And frites and mayonnaise for the spring classics! :cool:

this sounds good just need cash but i think its turning more into a club lol

I have an idea we can be both you can join for £200 a year and get a parts at cost plus 15%

Re:

Sounds good!

I wouldn't actually dread going to work. That would make a nice change!

Mike

Re: Re:

JSH":1tcij35c said:
Judging by how expensive it is as a hobby, I reckon its a challenging market in which to make money. If you can buy complete bikes, you can polish in a profit I think but you maybe need to factor in tyres, cables, bar tape etc.
Personally, I'd love a retro bike shop to visit.

There's one in Banbury - as seen on television on 'Shed and Buried'.

Having been up in Cumbria for a few years there doesn't seem to be much of a retro road following around Carlisle and the area. I don't think there are many hipsters in these parts :LOL: . Rebike can turn up the occasional gem but you have to be quick before I get in there :mrgreen: usually it's low budget end stuff. If you want to make money out of the retro market sad to say you are better off stripping and flipping which happens a lot on Ebay. Next time I put on a retro ride you'll have to come along. ;)

Re:

Sadly you’re right about strip n flip. I sold one of mine last week. I was struggling to get a decent price and was considering splitting. Luckily a guy had seen it on eBay a few weeks before and contacted me. It would have done a good bit more in parts but I was happy that it will stay in one piece.... hopefully

Re: Re:

Old Ned":3lgvcjhf said:
There's one in Banbury - as seen on television on 'Shed and Buried'.
That's where my Holdsworth frame came from (although I picked it up from the proprietor's house).

Back