Restored Syncros seatpost

We don't need to get our knickers in a twist here.. the original screen print wore away so even if a paint finish wears away, you haven't lost anything just scrape the remnants off with your thumb nail and re-apply.

It's either 1) Stickers which peel off or 2) Paint finish without primer which will wear off or 3) Paint + primer which will also chip off eventually.. it's a few microns thicker with primer but it's still thinner than a sticker.. it's horses for courses, just choose whichever route you prefer.

fwiw.. i use stencils/paint all the time for marking up.. i've had ok results using hammerite smooth without a primer on aluminium (no ano) .. i've also tried heat proof stove paint recently without a primer on aluminium and that seems to be holding up really well.. it's slightly off white so looks more authentic than brilliant white... this is what i was planning to use on my seatpost.

We don't need to get our knickers in a twist here.. the original screen print wore away so even if a paint finish wears away, you haven't lost anything just scrape the remnants off with your thumb nail and re-apply.

It's either 1) Stickers which peel off or 2) Paint finish without primer which will wear off or 3) Paint + primer which will also chip off eventually.. it's a few microns thicker with primer but it's still thinner than a sticker.. it's horses for courses, just choose whichever route you prefer.

fwiw.. i use stencils/paint all the time for marking up.. i've had ok results using hammerite smooth without a primer on aluminium (no ano) .. i've also tried heat proof stove paint recently without a primer on aluminium and that seems to be holding up really well.. it's slightly off white so looks more authentic than brilliant white... this is what i was planning to use on my seatpost.
^That.

Oh my fkin days.. i'm going to murder you all in a minute

.. Sign up to Retrobike thinks he?.. the members do seem agreeable .. you'll find all the components you're looking for?

What the hell was i thinking? 😁

Back