Restored 1987 Cannondale SM400 20"

gradeAfailure

Senior Retro Guru
Selling my recently acquired fully stripped and rebuilt 1987 Cannondale SM400 in 20" flavour. New chain, grips, cables (inner & outer), tyres/tubes/rimtape, brake blocks. Hubs, bottom bracket and headset stripped and regreased. NOS Kalloy seatpost, nearly-new colour-matched Charge Bucket. Every single component removed, cleaned and refitted. Frame has a few minor paint markings but no dents, dings or cracks evident whatsoever. All cable stops present and undamaged. Hasn't turned a wheel since the rebuild!

Full Spec:
Frame: Handmade Cannondale Aluminum All-Terrain, 20"
Fork: Tange Unicrown
Rims: Sun Levanter L25 alloy 26"
Hubs: Maillard Diablo Sealed
Spokes: 14 gauge stainless
Tires: Schwalbe City Jet Kevlar skinwall, 26"x1.95"
Front derailleur: SunTour Alpha 3000
Rear derailleur: SunTour Alpha 3000 indexed
Shifters: SunTour Alpha 3000 index thumb
Crankset: Sugino VP110 28/38/48 175mm
Chain: SRAM PG58
Pedals: Odyssey Sharkbite copies
Freewheel: SunTour Perfect 14,17,21,26,32
Brakes: Dia Compe 960 cantilever x 284 levers
Handlebar: 7000 series alloy
Stem: SR MTS 130
Grips: Ritchey WCS Ergo foam
Headset: Tange Tioga sealed
Seatpost: Kalloy microadjust 27.2mm
Saddle: Charge Bucket perforated leather

All of the original parts which were removed have been retained for posterity, including the original Velcro bottle cage (no bottle sadly!). The seatpost as shown is as far into the frame as the seat tube reaming will allow (it could be cut to allow it to drop further but as it is NOS, a better option would be to have the seat tube reamed to a greater depth if required).

£175, located Surrey/Hants borders. No splits please - it's too nice for that! :LOL:

More pics: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=379675

Attachments

• SM400_Bike.jpg
    SM400_Bike.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 2,061
Re: 1987 Cannondale SM400 - Friday price drop!

Friday price drop bump!

Not even a sniff of interest? I'm guessing I'm way out on pricing then..?

Re:

Sorry - just realised I posted this to the readers bikes part and should have posted here. Apologies too to the Mods if this counts as cross-posting or something. I'll learn how to do this right in the end.

How has this not sold?!? :shock:

Can I have dibs on this pending me re-measuring my inside leg, standing in a bucket of manure and a bit of research on dimensions!?!

Just sent you a slightly starry-eyed message via FleaBay which is where I first saw this so I'm glad the message has not just gone to a house clearance type on eBay who would have thought "WTAF" ;-)

Im 5 ft 9 with a 31 inch inside leg so really ought to have no chance with this but I've got some seat posts I could cut down so just need to know I can stand over it so I can at least do cafe trips. Don't suppose you could measure the standover height and height from BB to top to TT could you?

Thanks a million

Re:

Dammit, now I wish I hadn't dropped the price..! :LOL:

No worries, I'll measure it tomorrow. Ironically I'm up in Lancashire tonight on a work trip, could have bloody brought it with me!

Back