1987 Cannondale SM400

gradeAfailure

Senior Retro Guru
Bought this on a whim locally, and decided to do a bit of a restoration on it. Ended up putting probably over 30hrs into it!

Originally bought from Tommy's Bicycles and Fitness in Torrington, Connecticut, it somehow made its way over the pond and into my hands. I think it's barely been used as during the stripdown the hub bearings, headset and BB showed virtually no wear! The tyres, tubes, grips, cables and chain were shot/rusted though, and an incorrect 27.0mm seatpost and cheap saddle had been fitted.

A few new parts, a NOS Kalloy 27.2mm post and a Charge Bucket later, and she's ready to find a new home :)

Attachments

• SM400_Bike.jpg
    SM400_Bike.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 1,229
  • SM400_Cannondale.jpg
    SM400_Cannondale.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,228
  • SM400_USA.jpg
    SM400_USA.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,228
  • SM400_Tommys.jpg
    SM400_Tommys.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,227
  • SM400_Chainset.jpg
    SM400_Chainset.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 1,228
  • SM400_Controls.jpg
    SM400_Controls.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 1,228
How has this not sold?!? :shock:

Can I have dibs on this pending me re-measuring my inside leg, standing in a bucket of manure and a bit of research on dimensions!?!

Just sent you a slightly starry-eyed message via FleaBay which is where I first saw this so I'm glad the message has not just gone to a house clearance type on eBay who would have thought "WTAF" ;-)

Im 5 ft 9 with a 31 inch inside leg so really ought to have no chance with this but I've got some seat posts I could cut down so just need to know I can stand over it so I can at least do cafe trips. Don't suppose you could measure the standover height and height from BB to top to TT could you?

Thanks a million

Latest posts

Back