Replacing rims.

Well if you had disc brakes this wouldnt be a problem BUT to aswer your question.

Firstly £150 inc spokes sounds expensive.

In the past i reokace rims using the tape method, moving across one spoke at a time.
The hub to eyelet distance has to be within one or two mm else spokes will be too long or too short.

I dont see the problem with reusing spikrs, my wheels were decent with stainless steek spokes, never had one spoke break. On the commuter did two rin swaps on both f and r with same spokes.

A compromise woukd be to swap rim then get shop to do trueing up, that is the tricky part.

02gf74":1v68vjvc said:
Well if you had disc brakes this wouldnt be a problem BUT to aswer your question.

Firstly £150 inc spokes sounds expensive.

In the past i reokace rims using the tape method, moving across one spoke at a time.
The hub to eyelet distance has to be within one or two mm else spokes will be too long or too short.

I dont see the problem with reusing spikrs, my wheels were decent with stainless steek spokes, never had one spoke break. On the commuter did two rin swaps on both f and r with same spokes.

A compromise woukd be to swap rim then get shop to do trueing up, that is the tricky part.

Thanks, yes that is the route I plan to go down, relacing the spokes one at a time from rim to rim then getting the shop to true them up.(I just need some new rims first!).

Back