replacement for Gripshift SRT-800 X-rays?

I will take a stab in the dark but
shorty = short grip area (like what you have)
none shorty = longer grip area ;)

Think you'll want the shorty.

that's what i was guessing but i couldn't tell from pics on ebay. or perhaps the ones posted were generic pics, instead of proper presentation.

IIRC all gripshifts wee sort of the same length. Then they introduced the much longer "halfpipe" models and the term shorty was introduced to refer to the standard length.

FWIW I have a Scott Light Flight bar fitted to my Mongoose with triggers. I was a twister fan, but I thought they wouldn't make it round the bend. Is there a lot of modification required to fit them?

i can't tell you how easy/hard it is to install grip shifts onto the bar, as i had my lbs do it years ago when i had it built up. supposedly the scott at bars came with instructions, but i didn't receive them. i did find a site that had instructions but i seemed to have lost the link. from what i recall, it took a little trimming with scissors and that was about it.

having looked at replacement alternatives, i can't seem to find a visual difference between attack shorty and regular shifters. only one that i've come across that remotely looks shorter, and about the same width as the xrays are these. can some tell me what these are?

dd89_1.JPG

IbocProSX":wwxypd6z said:
IIRC all gripshifts wee sort of the same length. Then they introduced the much longer "halfpipe" models and the term shorty was introduced to refer to the standard length.

FWIW I have a Scott Light Flight bar fitted to my Mongoose with triggers. I was a twister fan, but I thought they wouldn't make it round the bend. Is there a lot of modification required to fit them?

Finally found the URL that has what you need to do to slip a pair of gripshifters onto a handebar that has bends. I had already guessed what needs to be done, but this confirms it.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/scott.html

scotgs2.jpeg

Thanks, that's cool, I've never had mine disassembled as far as that. At the moment my twisters are all spoken for on builds, but I may mix things up this winter when I build up my Explosif.

Enjoy!!

Back