REMOVED

Re: Mayhem 2019 parking at Camp Retrobike

retroyetirigid":1f6k4iho said:
Pop me next to Longun as we are both doing solo. I've got a medium size 3 man tent (no idea on measurements, sorry), Nissan Almera and will probably be bringing 4 bikes.
Plan on leaving Poole 9ish on Friday morning so should be there mid afternoon.
I mistsakenly drew Longun in his old red T4 - with added black bonnet! - instead of his current Transit. I only put him where he is for scale.

I just want to plot as many people as i know - doesn't need to be everybody - so we know how much of section A we need.

Cheers :xmas-big-grin:

Hi Regan,

Can you put the retrobates 3 in either 8 or 9 if possible.
We will be in VW T5 a Toyota camper, and my motorhome. A little horse shoe shape may be good so we can be social & it would be probably be easier if i came of the access road and stayed parallel to it as i'm not due until Saturday morning. Al & will are due on the Friday.

munkey_bwy":zenk08f4 said:
Hi Regan,

We will be in VW T5 a Toyota camper, and my motorhome. A little horse shoe shape may be good so we can be social & it would be probably be easier if i came of the access road and stayed parallel to it as i'm not due until Saturday morning. Al & will are due on the Friday.

Hi Dave

Regarding the allocation of space for the paid-for pitches, I think a wider discussion is needed on how to organise and who gets to go in there. Not everyone donated to the fund for the paid-for pitches and I think those people should be involved in the say on who goes in there.

The vehciles in those pitches on my first diagrams are purely for illustration and to highlight the size - or lack of - theh space therein.

Retro Spud, Andy (any123), Longun, LGF and THM need the first say-so on how those 1-9 pitches are used up as it was their idea and/or they're the main organisers and entertainment providers of the whole Camp Retrobates. I mean, Camp Retrobikers!

eg.
Andy's Intruder and catering area is the starting point, top of the #1 plot
Then there's some sort of area needed for a show/display area and for more security with that being close to or next to the Intruder
Then LGF's Fruit & Nut Disco within the Retrobike gazebo, including tables for beer serving or similar
Then THM's teepee of love with perhaps generator for the Blackpool Illuminations at Mayhem
Maybe a trials/stunt.race area with some cones or ramps for us to entertain ourselves? Then the main brace of vehciles furterh down to the end of pitch #9 marking the end of camp RB zone and separating us from the masses.

Let's discuss and plan as a group. I'm just providing diagrams and ideas.

AN UPDATED DIAGRAM WITH MORE VEHCILES ADDED will be posted later
to further see how the space is being used up.

Cheers

Re: !! Mayhem Camp Retrobike PARKING/ENTERTAINMENT - discuss !!

I have the largest personal erection

loving it

Re: !! Mayhem Camp Retrobike PARKING/ENTERTAINMENT - discuss !!

To avoid more people asking me to postion them in a particular spot on the diagram - which I'm not - and to visualise the plan a little differently than previous diagrams, I knocked this up.

So far I've only got my own limited ideas based on the prerequisite of the Intruder, RB gazebo and a display area. Everything else is possible.

Given the layout of the official access route, we COULD move the tapes to commandeer the main area behind plots 1-9 and force other trafiic behind it, or even block it altogether ??

How about a little stunt area/ trials area/ race zone of our own? Like the tricycle race from The Nerds with a drink each lap, or fastest around? Best wheelie?

Whatever we want!

I shoved Spud down the end just as a bookend to the end of plot 9. We could use ALL of 1-9 as a display area, with no vehciles allowed in there so we all part in A behind...

Attachments

• MM site plan 2 a.PNG
    MM site plan 2 a.PNG
    69.9 KB · Views: 328
  • MM site plan 2 b.PNG
    MM site plan 2 b.PNG
    33.5 KB · Views: 328

regan_ev":3ig9qg02 said:
munkey_bwy":3ig9qg02 said:
Hi Regan,

Regarding the allocation of space for the paid-for pitches, I think a wider discussion is needed on how to organise and who gets to go in there. Not everyone donated to the fund for the paid-for pitches and I think those people should be involved in the say on who goes in there.

And this is where some of the confusion comes from. We offered to put money into the kitty after it was all booked (very quickly) and were politely told it wasn't necessary.

As you rightly said, this'll get sorted as people arrive, so perhaps it best not to get to wed to a plan. Just a thought.

al-onestare":3dfoat0b said:
perhaps it best not to get to wed to a plan. Just a thought.

On the contrary, this can be sorted here. Let's make BEST use of that great track-side plot!

We are NOT restricted to parking or camping in there, as, technically, only 9 people 'purchased' those spots. As a group of 50 or more, we can't all go in there anyway.

Per my diagrams, a lot of people are going to be peed right off if we're split and scattered all over the place.

We've collectively made huge efforts to organise all of this - from the solo riders to the 10-man teams. I think it's well worth a little more effort to plan this space.

If I'm on my own with this notion of a plan then I'll take plot 4 all to myself thanks, as I paid £30 for a whole plot. :roll:

Re:

I'm planning to get there as early as possible on Friday. I'll head for the general RB area and park my small car and pitch my small 2 man tent next to my car. I don't mind parking a bit further away from from the general RB area as I'll have everything I need with me during the day and just keep it within sight in the paid pitches area.

The concern I have is what happens when other non RB people try to pitch in the area we are planning in camp site A? Are those that are there early Friday going to try and section off parts of the general camping area for RB use only? I can't see that going down well with the other riders or the organisers. Being there early Friday I'll try my best, but I doubt we'll be able to reserve sections for camping for long.

Re: Re:

Cloister":3tfazwbj said:
is what happens when other non RB people try to pitch in the area we are planning in camp site A? Are those that are there early Friday going to try and section off parts of the general camping area for RB use only? I can't see that going down well with the other riders or the organisers. Being there early Friday I'll try my best, but I doubt we'll be able to reserve sections for camping for long.

Exactly this.

We have the right to reserve sections of A per the terms of our paid-for pitches, so anyone trying to park in A behind 1-9 can DO ONE!

We're the biggest contingent at MM, and collectively we've paid the most, so we can organise OUR space how WE want.

In previous years the first to arrive on site would cordon massive areas using stakes and tape, and police it fending off anyone who wasn't in their gang.

We MUST do that again this year and we are ALLOWED to do so - to an extent. I haven't seen the Ts & Cs which Spud has from the 1-9 plots' bookings but I have read that a 'reasonable' area WILL be provided AND COORDINATED upon arrival, for those paying for a pitch in the corresponding adjacent areas in A or C.

So we turn up, we cordon off enough space for 50 riders behind 1-9 and that's that.

By contributing to my idea we can see EXACTLY what space we need and what to cordon off on the day.

:D :cool: :D

Re: Re:

Cloister":27vh30n9 said:
The concern I have is what happens when other non RB people try to pitch in the area we are planning in camp site A? Are those that are there early Friday going to try and section off parts of the general camping area for RB use only? I can't see that going down well with the other riders or the organisers. Being there early Friday I'll try my best, but I doubt we'll be able to reserve sections for camping for long.

This I think is the bigger problem he's trying to sort out, how much space do we need to try to claim?

What worked last time out was those that are pitching up in the general area leave space between eachother for a late arrival to slot in. It starts off spaced out and ends up cosy (like all the best weekends)

We can't stop others pitching up in the area, but we can make damn sure they regret it!

Back