Recreating a legend - 1995 Lawwill DH

I'll post some pics of the parts shortly.

I picked up one NOS PMW 60T chainring on eBay and another 58T on a Tandem, which I bought just to get the chainring.

The rear brake setup is a Hope C2, which is a bit tricky as the rear hub is a piece of junk. I might shop around for a Ringle version in the interim.

There's a cool NOS Syncros 60T chainring on evilbay right now (94BCD though, might limit your crank choices). Decent price and looks neat.

I have the right Paragon ring already in 110 BCD which is perfect for the Cook Bros cranks I plan on using on this bike.

Re:

rode one of these back in the day, 6 inch travel version though. great feeling bike, really sturdy. watched kirt voires race one in cairns at the 1996 world champs

The Hope C2 is a decent set up, you just got to watch that the ti glide being a 3 piece hub doesn't rotate the NDS flange under heavy braking.../

Re:

Cool project !
I've got a Gary Fisher RS1 with the first generation elastomer suspension. The Mert Lawwill works very well, and except the weight and the bit big size for me, it's a very nice bike. I would want to test those suspension with a real hydraulic shocker.

I have heard that Mert Lawwill who kept the patent of the RS1, made his own brand when GF decided to sale his brand to Trek

boxxer":eq7itwoz said:
The Hope C2 is a decent set up, you just got to watch that the ti glide being a 3 piece hub doesn't rotate the NDS flange under heavy braking.../

Was it a ti glide ?

Back